Need Help Finding a Specific Redwall Book

Started by morningbee4, September 24, 2020, 05:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morningbee4

Hey guys,

I'm new to the group. Nice to meet y'all!

As of recently, I have decided to commission a professional  binder from Greece to rebind a copy of Redwall in high-quality, textured leather with hand-tooled decorations, brass clasps, edge carvings, etc. We are trying to go all out on this project and create a binding like no other!

Of course, at first I thought about rebinding a 1st print edition signed by Brian Jacques, but upon consulting with the Binder, this was heavily discouraged due to the low quality of the first print (perfect binding, no signatures/folios found, etc).

In short, I need a sewn copy with signatures (folios) to pursue this project.

After doing some research I found out that one of the only editions that matches this quality is the Redwall Illustrated Collector's edition,and maybe even the Author's limited edition.

However...I would very much like to have a signed copy as well.This would make this one-of-a-kind binding all-the-more special.

I was wondering if any of you has a signed, Redwall illustrated collector's edition for sale?

Maybe an author's limited edition? (Is this edition sewn?)

Or a sewn edition of the 1st book signed by Brian Jacques?

Pretty much looking for a signed, sewn copy of the book.

I'll see if I can add images later, to show examples of what I'm looking for (I still don't know how to do it through my phone)

Thanks for hearing me out! 🐭

Sebias of Redwall

Welcome to the forum!  :D

Hmm. I don't own of these types of copies, sorry. I wish you luck, though.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Hey there!  Welcome ^_^

That's a seriously cool undertaking!  Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you out.  Hopefully somebody else here can though.  (I'm sure that isn't what you wanted to hear, sorry  :-\)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

morningbee4

Hello Friends,

I'm not sure about how to reply to specific posts/people, but I'd like to thank everyone here for taking the time to read my post :D

Kade Rivok

No problem  ^-^

Yeah, it can be a bit of a hassle (replying to folks, I mean).  The best way is to quote them (there's a quote button on the top right of each post), and then reply to that.  Like this

Quote from: Kade Rivok on September 24, 2020, 07:54:29 PM
Hey there!  Welcome ^_^

That's a seriously cool undertaking!  Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you out.  Hopefully somebody else here can though.  (I'm sure that isn't what you wanted to hear, sorry  :-\)
You sound like a fool.

Anyways, morningbee, hope to see you around the forum.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Sailears

Good luck (sincere) with this - not the easiest or cheapest thing to find! :o
My ears, how are you, wot!

morningbee4

Quote from: Sailears on September 29, 2020, 12:55:46 AM