Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 14, 2020, 05:09:11 PM

Mara the Wolf

Announcement

Alright everyone, at this point it's pretty much a given that we'll be hunting down a slaver band, which'll turn into a fight against searats. So, a few things:

• If your characters have not entered by the Inn by the time the escaped slave comes to the Inn requesting help, you'll miss out. We can't have random OCs jumping in late.
  • It's time to create some Quest-specific OCs—the leader of the slavers who give the slaves over to searats, searat captains and crews, NPCs (essentially minor characters that anyone can control), slaves, etc. Please PM all Quest-only characters over to me—we don't want these oneshot OCs cluttering up the OOC topic. (Note, I'm not writing the escaped slave—I'd butcher any cry for help!)
  • If you plan on making an OC who'll become a regular quester, then you can post them in this topic!
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Faclan

Mara the Wolf

Of course! I'm still waiting on the others to send in some oneshot characters (maybe I need to start PMing announcements), plus to properly come up with an opening and title, so plenty of time!
Fursonas:

Ripred the Gnawer

I fixed up Badwander's sheet and made two other characters also.

Spoiler

Name: Badwander.

Species: Stoat.

Appearance: Typical stoat look but has no tail, is missing left ear, is right-handed and has a long jagged scar across his throat.

Personality: Fierce with those his age, but kinder to younger beasts.

History: Abondanded from birth, Badwander was adopted and raised by a homely molewife who became almost like a mother to him. He was 15 seasons old when she was killed by a band of vermin as Badwander was out in the woods, and he returned a short while later to find her dead and their home pillaged. Heartbroken and homeless, he set out roaming to find another place to live. He was soon captured by the Flitchaye, just barely managing to escape them and save himself. He continued to wander for 5 more seasons until he came to the inn.

Weapon: Broadsword.
[close]
Spoiler

Name: Seasalt.

Species: Ferret.

Appearance: Looks mostly like your average female ferret with sandy fur, but lacks the normal mask, wears a dagger at her right hip and a scimitar at her left, has green eyes, is dominate-handed.

Personality: Funny, obliging and cheerful, always ready to undertake any task.

History: Seasalt is Seatar's twin sister; she was captured by sea rats when she was only 8 seasons old and was made an oarslave, though she escaped 7 seasons later. From that time on, she has spent most of the time wandering through Mossflower woods until she came to the inn. Raffdun is her mate.

Weapon: Dagger and scimitar.
[close]
Spoiler

Name: Raffdun.

Species: Ferret.

Appearance: Typical ferret look with dun colored fur, wears an earring in each ear and a long sword on his right hip, has grey eyes, is left-handed.

History: Originally a corsair, Raffdun was tired of life on the open sea and wanted a change. He escaped from his ship one night and swam for Salamandastron, where he found a way to get to Mossflower. He tried once to gain entrance in Redwall Abbey, but was turned away by the Abbess, who thought he looked too evil to have any good in him. He instead decided to live in the woods, where he eventually met Seasalt.

Personality: Gruff-looking on the outside but in reality quite friendly, he is always on the lookout for an adventure. He hates the sight of blood and doesn't really enjoy killing others the way most vermin do.

Weapon: Long sword.
[close]
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

Mara the Wolf

Badwander's sheet is exactly the same, just with an unknown history. I asked you to work on your character.

I linked to pages to how make and develop interesting characters. Did you even bother to read them?

Your other two characters have ok backstories. Seasalt is good, but Raffdun has...well, an unrealistic backstory. Even the most moral person will not just go "This is wrong" towards a lifestyle they've known since birth—it takes experiencing something different and/or something traumatic or life-changing to make them change and ditch a lifestyle they've always known. For example, Deyna/Tagg was raised to be the ultimate warrior of the Juskarath, but he was never made to kill, hence when his adoptive father tried to force him to skin his friend alive as part a ritual or some such (I don't quite remember the exact reason), because he was not accustomed to killing and cruelty, he turned his back on them. Or in The Prince of Egypt, Moses felt differently towards the slaves' suffering after learning he was born a Hebrew.

Finally, the personality is bare-bones. I'm asking for complex characters.
Fursonas:

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

Is that supposed be like: "Oy, I tried to tell her..." *shakes head* @Flib Bigboat:giggle:
Fursonas:

Faclan

Name: Dinah. Formally Dinah Firstspear now often just goes by Old Din or just Din.

Species: Stoat

Sex: Male

Appearance:
An ancient stoat Din looks like hes been through hell. Ragged and worn fur thats going grey in several places. Walks with a hefty left on his right side as well as being deaf in his left ear. His eyes however are still very sharp, and his handpaws show the strain of a life time of combat and work. So clearly hes been through most of what could be considered hell. But he tends to always have a smile on his face and happy words to spread. Seems hes taken it rather well. Or at least gotten over it.

The last notable part of his appearance is a Salmandrastron Brand on the back of his neck. A circle with a triangle inside it and a stylized S inside that. Denoting him as someone who attempted to attack the mountain, failed, and lived.

Personality:
As someone who has come to terms with his long life of lucky breaks and terrible decisions Din is much happier than one would likely assume just by looking at him. He wants to be happy and help others be happy too, especially vermin like himself. He wants to show them a better option that won't lead to their deaths. He is happy to talk about his long list of experiences and tell tales as those tend to stick in the minds of the youth better and help them form better habits.

Possessions:
Having everyone hes owned taken from him at some point in his life Din does not carry much personal anymore. Generally just a stout staff that a bindle is attached too as well as a cooking pot. A backpack with simple food and medical materials, and then a cloak as well as tunic and pants. But these hold no special point in his heart. And if threatened with a robbery can and has in the past given it all up and walked off to find new items. Hes had to replace them all so often hes gotten very good at it.

Skillz;
Adept healer as well as sickness treater
Decent with a cooking pot as well as needle and thread.
Despite his age he was trained as a skilled spearsbeast in the horde - and while not as fast as he used to be due to age and injuries' hes still got the knowledge with his staff.

History;
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11811.0
See here for Din telling of his history but shorthand;
Born and raised in a horde as a spear wielding scout
Scouted Salmandrastron for the horde, was captured and tortured as well as deafened in his left ear.
Horde was broken at the mountain, Din had to bury his former life.
Exiled from the mountain, barely survived the toads, entered the forest as part of a rat band
Taught them how to fight, bad idea, they were wiped out after attacking Gousim
Pulled from the river by foxes and became a servant for them.
Ducked out when he saw them falling into stealing habits.
Now wanders around trying to pass on his experience and keep youths from going down a dark path.

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas:

Faclan

yey - going for a nap now but will try to post tonight :)

Mara the Wolf

Silver
Name: Silver
Species: Ferret
Appearance: A cream body with silver fur on his lower body, grey legs, black tail, brown eyes, and no bandit mask (if this sounds nothing like a ferret, google "silver ferret". It's a color morph.) Wears a dark red jerkin over a brown tunic and black boots that seem just a bit too big for him.
Personality: Meet me halfway between Cheek Stag Otter (Mattimeo) and Vitch. Being a little kid, Silver can be playful and cheeky, but having been raised by a bandit/slaver means he has a cruel streak (sorta—he's too young to think anything crueller than stabbing, throwing pebbles, and beating with a switch). He loves to play hide-and-seek and tries to be helpful to those in charge. He switches between sweet little kid and bandit-in-the-making with little provocation.
Weapons: A dagger, a sling, and a short sword (he's still learning how to wield a sword, though)
Skills: Silver is actually pretty good at identifying herbs and is a good swimmer, to point some joke he might be part otter.
History: Silver's father died when he was two or three, and his mother joined a slaver band a season later. The rest...you'll see when he appears in the quest. º-)
[close]

Btw, @Dannflower Reguba, would you be willing to review this character? It's just that I'm used to Handepsilon (the head of the Sonic forum I'm part of) reviewing my new characters.
Fursonas:

Ripred the Gnawer

Quote from: Masika on December 14, 2020, 10:23:19 PM
Badwander's sheet is exactly the same, just with an unknown history. I asked you to work on your character.

I linked to pages to how make and develop interesting characters. Did you even bother to read them?

Your other two characters have ok backstories. Seasalt is good, but Raffdun has...well, an unrealistic backstory. Even the most moral person will not just go "This is wrong" towards a lifestyle they've known since birth—it takes experiencing something different and/or something traumatic or life-changing to make them change and ditch a lifestyle they've always known. For example, Deyna/Tagg was raised to be the ultimate warrior of the Juskarath, but he was never made to kill, hence when his adoptive father tried to force him to skin his friend alive as part a ritual or some such (I don't quite remember the exact reason), because he was not accustomed to killing and cruelty, he turned his back on them. Or in The Prince of Egypt, Moses felt differently towards the slaves' suffering after learning he was born a Hebrew.

Finally, the personality is bare-bones. I'm asking for complex characters.
Ok, I fixed it up as well as I could. I also have another OC ready if you want to see it.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'

Mara the Wolf

Alright, better. Accepted.

And sure, let's see the new OC.
Fursonas:

Ripred the Gnawer

Spoiler
Name: Shuvvelclaw
Species: Mole
Appearance: Suprisingly tall and strong for his age, wears only a pair of dark red trousers with a thick black belt. He wears a red eyepatch because he is missing his right eye, has enormous shovel-like digging claws, and on his chest is a tattoo of a banner enscribed with his motto, "Treet utherz ee way you'm wants to be treeted"
Personality: His shyness can make him act a bit bossy once in a while, but for the most part he loves helping those who are younger than him and is really quite kind once you get to know him well, and the Dibbuns like to call him Grandpa Mole.
History: Born in Mossflower Woods, Shuvvelclaw has always led a simple life. He has never had any children, which he finds rather sad. When he was 20 seasons old, he went to live in Redwall Abbey for some time; however, as he is such a shy mole, he was not suited to living among so many creatures for long, so he left the Abbey several seasons later and became a rover. He has made many friends across the way, but being the restless soul that he is, he hates staying in the same place for very long. He has never been inside the inn before, although he has heard of it from several of his friends, and even seen the outside of it once.
Weapon: Digging claws
[close]

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas: