News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders - Forum 10th Anniversary Special

Started by Matthias720, June 08, 2021, 11:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

I'm about 6 hours later than I wanted to be, but oh well. Let's get this party started!

It was an auspicious day on the Redwall Community Fan Forums! Head Overstrator Matthias720 had called a meeting of his staff, to plan out a celebration of 10 years under his mandatory rule. The forum was the only place that Redwall fans had online, so they had little say in the matter. Staff members were appointed more for loyalty and deference than their individual skills or personality. The Overstrator ruled without mercy or compassion, leaving his lackeys to clean up whatever messes he created on a whim. One by one, staff members joined the private staff chat, waiting to hear what new orders their leader had for them this time. Once they had all assembled, their leader began to outline his wishes.

"All of you will form into teams of three. You are to come up with two special events per team, with each event extolling why this forum is the best, and why I am the best leader. You have 72 hours to brainstorm your ideas and implement them. Failure will result in the expulsion of the staff member who performed most poorly. I will return at the end of that time. I expect great things from you all. Dismissed!"

----------

A mere 72 hours later, the staff has reconvened in the staff chat, waiting for the Overstrator to arrive. His names appears, and he begins to type:
"I do not know what has transpired over the past three days, but your results are abysmal! There are unflattering pictures of me in the Gallery, everyone has kittens for their profile pictures (and I hate kittens), and worst of all, the forum theme is now magenta and cyan! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!? Well!? Speak up!"

OOC: And thus begins round/phase 1. As all of you (hopefully) know, I am a pretty chill guy, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to roleplay an absolutely terrible administrator, or rather an Overstrator (Overlord + administrator). Please keep things within the context of a forum environment, but you are otherwise free to do as you please. Remember that anything that gets stated by another player becomes true, so you will have to weave a creative narrative to get out of being blamed for everything going wrong, and posting excuses early might help you establish a quick lead. I hope you all have as much fun playing this as much as I have fun writing it. Cheers!

PS: I love kittens. Cats are adorable. I do not hate them in any way, shape, or form.

Captain Wortshire

'TheCaptain is typing a reply'

"Sorry that I haven't been able to respond for the last few days, but let me start off O Great Overstrator, by saying I had no part in any of this.

As many of you may have heard, Typhoon De Fformelo caused a mass power outage last week here in the Pacific Northwest where I am located, resulting in me (and many other people) losing power to my computer, wifi and phone service in one go.

It was so bad over here, not even a single McDlanods joint had service, people can't heat up their macrowave dinners and all the big tech corps were in a state of mass panic.

But back to the topic at hand, in order to try to reconnect with the group, I was forced to pack up my entire computer setup, desktop, speakers and all, and take an impromptu cross country trip to find the closest (working) electric socket and wifi signal.

Of course it didn't help that my tires popped and I ran out of gas halfway even though I just filled up and had to be towed by a group of Hillbilly-Shrews to the nearest service station which also lost all energy.

The Typhoon was so bad, it even knocked the power out of most of the Mountain States forcing me to drive on to the east which was being ravaged by Typhoon Mortimer at the time.

Right now, my Computer is plugged into a solar powered house in the middle of Canada and the first thing I find when I finally have access to the internet is a cartload of missed messages and the forum gone haywire..."

"Also, I hate kittens too"

(OOC: No, kittens are actually cute)
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046

Ally begins typing timidly. "Oh, great and mighty overstrator Matthias, I must admit to noticing Lass' group mentioning adding pictures of you to the gallery."

"However, I must point out that you look handsome in any picture, it is impossible for you to look bad in a photo, you don't even have any bad angles!"
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

lass of something much

*Lass is typing angrily*

"I told them to draw you ending kitten kind! How was I suppose to know Scott would draw that! As for the kitten profile pictures, well, that was all Dan's idea, we all know how he loves kittens!"

"PS: I was NOT responsible for the rampant infants, that was Ally's fault! She was meant to be looking out for them! Plus the Front Lawns is her board, not mine!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

Sorry, but the 3rd photo made me laugh so hard, I snorted my chocolate milk out of my nose...

Alright, who spammed my RP thread with Nyan Cat pics?
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046

*Ally is typing*

"Yeah, I do remember Dan boasting about how he was able to convince everybeast to change their pfp to kittens..."

lass of something much

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 13, 2021, 05:02:11 AM

Sorry, but the 3rd photo made me laugh so hard, I snorted my chocolate milk out of my nose...

*Lass is typing*

"That would be Russa.. Said something about accidentally drinking spiked orange juice..."
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

Captain Wortshire

Quote from: lass of something much on June 13, 2021, 05:06:59 AM
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 13, 2021, 05:02:11 AM

*Lass is typing*

"That would be Russa.. Said something about accidentally drinking spiked orange juice..."

"But why Nyan Cat?"
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

*Lass is typing*

"Uhhhhh, lemmie go back and check... Oh! Right! It was Scott, he was gonna feed it to the admins so they'd give him their guns.."

*Typing continues*

"Ummm....I have no idea.. She probably got the idea from that drawing of Matt you did as nyan cat.. Scott posted it"

(OOC:Cap, you should get Scott on here so he can defend himself)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

Quote from: lass of something much on June 13, 2021, 04:59:34 AM
*Lass is typing angrily*

"I told them to draw you ending kitten kind! How was I suppose to know Scott would draw that! As for the kitten profile pictures, well, that was all Dan's idea, we all know how he loves kittens!"

"PS: I was NOT responsible for the rampant infants, that was Ally's fault! She was meant to be looking out for them! Plus the Front Lawns is her board, not mine!

*Scott is typing/smashing the keyboard*

"The drawing commission was from an anonymous and sketchy number, who asked me to draw it with very specific details, he or she offered me 2 bucks so I took it, money is money and I have a no questions asked policy."
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

*Lass is typing*

"The same person who asked me to draw that one.....PG13 drawing??! I warned you about them!! Why do you never listen!"
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

Quote from: lass

*Ally is typing*

"I know not of any rampant dibbuns!"

"Are you trying to confuse our mighty overstrator with extra, false details so that he doesn't see that the true fault is on you?!?!?!"

"You self-imposed yourself as the leader of your group!  And as such, you should've overseen all your groups progress, and results!"

"Had you caught the misdeeds of your group, or overseen them well enough, you could have stopped these things from being published, or at least reverted them!"

lass of something much

*Lass is typing*

"I'm not the leader! Wortshire is! I'm only in charge of the fanart board!"

"I only took over after you and Wortshire went offline, leaving me to deal with all your messes!!"

"It was only Scott, Russa and I! And we all know how that turned out..."
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

*Ally is typing*

Quote from: lass"I'm not the leader! Wortshire is! I'm only in charge of the fanart board!"
No, we were split into three groups! You were the self-imposed leader of your group!

Quote"I only took over after you and Wortshire went offline, leaving me to deal with all your messes!!!
What messes!?!?  I'm in a group with Bookie and Russa!

Quote"It was only Scott, Russa and I! And we all know how that turned out..."
Yes, we all know how that turned out...

Teams?
Scott McLamok
Lass
Verd

Ally
Bookie
Russa

Worty
Daniel
Corn