News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Repeated Names?

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 27, 2011, 04:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Are any other names besides Martin repeated?

Mad Maudie

a couple Vermin names i remember were used like five times in different books
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dotti

Trimp, the name used for the hedgehog in TLOL, was also used for a minor shrew in Pearls of Lutra.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Melody

Matthias was a repeated name.

Folgrimeo

Guess you could technically say Skipper's a repeated name. Several Skippers weren't given names beyond their title.

Tiria Wildlough

There was Ruggan Bor and Ruggan Axehound. Repeated names annoy me. :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Ripfang and Ripfang, from Mossflower and Lord Brocktree, is an example of a repeated name. There's actually a lot of discussion about them possibly being the same character, but Jacques affirmed it as coincidence.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skipper

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on December 28, 2011, 06:28:43 AM
Ripfang and Ripfang, from Mossflower and Lord Brocktree, is an example of a repeated name. There's actually a lot of discussion about them possibly being the same character, but Jacques affirmed it as coincidence.
ive always wondered if they were the same character, apart from characters already mentioned i cant think of any more

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on December 28, 2011, 06:28:43 AM
It can't be a coincidence, because they both had that kind of curving fang. ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

ravenwyte

Well, sometimes the names are repeated on purpose, for example, the Russano in The Long Patrol is the same Russano in Lord Brocktree. The chronological order of the books is not the same order they were written. Hope that helps.  :)
If you can't sleep on an empty stomach, roll over and sleep on your back!
Uh, Cap'n? It might be a good idea to wait to sink the ship until AFTER we've raided it.

Ceteruler

Ripfang is the same guy as Ripfang in both books! Lord Boar the Fighter said that Ripfang had been in the mountain before.
or maybe that's just what it seems like.

Bragoon

There was Abbot Glisam and Friar Glisum, pronounced the same way in the audiobooks. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

WildDoogyPlumm

There were 2 Bucklers: a mole from MTW and Buck Kordyne.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers