News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Repeated Names?

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 27, 2011, 04:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceteruler

Quote from: Bragoon on April 24, 2012, 03:13:53 AM
There was Abbot Glisam and Friar Glisum, pronounced the same way in the audiobooks. 
YES! I only had Eulalia! in audiobook for the longest time and I always that it was the same!

Skipper

Quote from: ravenwyte on April 24, 2012, 12:35:29 AM
Well, sometimes the names are repeated on purpose, for example, the Russano in The Long Patrol is the same Russano in Lord Brocktree. The chronological order of the books is not the same order they were written. Hope that helps.  :)

Yes but they ae the same character

Tiria Wildlough

There are two Ripfangs.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, but that's on purpose.
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

I am almost positive Urfa is a repeat, but I can't seem to recall which books it appeared in apart from The Sable Quean.

@Tiria - Nice catch on Ruggan Bor and Ruggan Axehound, I missed that one!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

There's also Log a log Urfa from High Rhulain.
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

I think Trey was repeated.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

White One6193

A lot of vermin names were the same in the books. I think there were at least five different Louseworts; Three were weasels, one was a searat, and the other a ferret.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

redwallgurl

there was a Milda in Triss(minor)
and a Milda in the Sable Quean.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Flandor

I think it was Midda in Sable Queen; she was a shrew.

In Mossflower, when Martin is listing his old friends from the north, he mentions a 'Thrugg the Strong.' There's also the more famous Thrugg the otter in Salamandastron. 

Martin also mentions Felldoh the Wrestler which I thought was neat.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

redwallgurl

^that was because he wanted to hide his past it says in martin the warrior
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

I think that was more of a cover.  He was named Felldoh the Wrestler in Mossflower, but it appears he wanted Felldoh to play a different role in Martin the Warrior.  It works, but it feels a little awkward. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tam and Martin

I found alot of them. Here they are:

1. Ripfang who was a searat captain in book 2, Mossflower (chapter 41). There was also a Ripfang in book 13, Lord Brocktree who became an officer to Ungatt Trunn (chapter 19).

2. Urthclaw is a badger and is the grandfather of Urthstripe the Strong in book 5, Salamndastron (chapter 40). Urthclaw, who is a mole, helps the Stickels escape in book 2, Mossflower (chapter 1).

3. As Dorathea Duckfontein Dillworthy said there was a minor shrew named Trimp in book 9,The Pearls of Lutra, who helps Grath repair her boat (chapter 25)and there was Trimp the hedgehog maid in book 12, The Legend of Luke (pretty much everywhere).

4. Blowfly is a minor rat mentioned in book 9, The Pearls of Lutra, who Barranca is speaking to (chapter 3). Blowfly is also the name of one of Raga Bol's captains in book 9, The Pearls of Lutra (chapter 32).

5. Hortwill Longblade Braebuck, or Horty as he is know, is another repeat. he is a hare who is mentioned in book 16, Loamhedge ( in almost every other chapter). Hortwingle, a short-eared owl also known as Horty, is the Husband of Boldred in book 6, Martin the Warrior, (chapter 29).

6. The last Person is a cook of the Long Patrol: Corporal Butty Woppscut. he is in book 17, Rakkety Tam, (mostly chapter 31). Butty is also the name of a squirrel cook in book 10, The Long Patrol, although he doesn't become the cook until the middle of the book (chapter 26).

Well that's it
                                                          Enjoy   :)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Tam and Martin

I also just found another. There are two Walts. Wandering Walt the mole in Rakkety Tam and theres also a minor Walt in Redwall who is talking about his grandmother and fortresses.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000