News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Happy Brian Jacques Day!

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

We will never forget Brian Jacques.

*raises a glass of October Ale*
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Wydran Riverpaw

I've been away from the forums for a long time, and just today I decided to come back and take a look. And I realized that one year ago, today, was when he passed away.

Like some of the others here, I found out on Feb. 7th last year too. I remember I had just woken up not too long ago, and my brother came into my room and told me that Brian Jacques had passed away. I didn't believe him at first but he showed me the BBC article on his phone as proof.

I also never got to meet him in real life on his tours, but his books really have had an impact on my life, and led me to find the Redwall Online Community and meet some great people on here.

Thank you, Brian Jacques! May your memory live on.

GeminyaTome

I remember when my sister told me. I was pretty sad, but at the time I wasn't as attached a I am now. I had hoped the books I ordered would come yesterday, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow... If they had come yesterday, I could have celebrated by starting a new Redwall book! RIP, Brian Jacques!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Bragoon

I made dinner from my Redwall Cookbook (Loamhedge Nutbread, Turnip'N'Tater'N'Beetroot Pie, Squirrel Bakes, Apple and Blackberry Cake, Strawberry Fizz, Mint Tea, and I  baked some fish, thinking it would be close enough to traditional Redwall fare), finished Lord Brocktree, and finished season one of the Redwall cartoon.  And I gave him a hearty 'Eulalia' from the pier near my house. 

That aside, I just tried to carry on like it was a normal day.  It's good to remember, but not to despair. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Nightfire

I remember him. I never met him, but I had always looked at the picture of him that was on the backs of the books, and I always smiled and said that he looked like a really nice, sweet man. I would have loved to meet him, and maybe I will meet him one day in heaven.  :) Until that day comes, I read his books and remember, and I listen to the audiobooks and imagine what he must have looked lke as he read the books aloud and recorded them. I constantly smile when I remember him, because of how he lived his life the way it should be lived, and he is one of that major people that inspire me. He still inspires me, even though he is gone, and I always dedicate my Redwall fanfictions to him, who, in my opinion at least, is one of the greatest authors ever born.  :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Muse

Who was so amazing...His picture and his voice in the audiobooks...I wish he was my grandfather so badly I'd do anything. He's just so relaxed, so perfect.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

ilovemariel

After Brian Jaques died I didn't manage to talk to anyone for two days and the most I ate was half a cookie.
I always wished I could meet him and tell him how much I loved his redwall series but it seems that i'll never get to do that ... :'(
Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

TheRedSnifit

Last night, I had a dream about this site (which is strange, not only because I saw it once a couple years ago, but because it's been at least half a year since I've read one of the books) and decided to visit this site to see if any new books were coming out, and I've just learned that he's dead. 

It's a horrible shame, too. I've always loved his books, and they pretty much represent (is that the right word?) my childhood. I can even remember the day I got my first Redwall book (Racketty Tam), when I was in the school library and some kid showed me the book and said his brother liked them, and I almost put it back because it had animals. Barely dodged a bullet there ;)

But I guess I sort of took the books for granted, and now I'm going to start re-reading all his books this year for the third time.

Wolfstar

I just found out on facebook about it and I was sad to hear about it.
Hears to you Brian: REDWAAAALLLLLL!!!!!
Happy and kind.

eualaia

my reading fest ended yesterday i passed out
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Captain Tammo

I had the honor if meeting him on his Doomwyte tour and gave him a book of characters I made up and told him how he had inspired me. I got a picture with him and it was one of the best experiences of my life by far... And of course, so far ;) I refuse to let my adventures end there! I know he'd agree.

He meant so much to me... Countless hours reading his books. I was almost depressed when I read the rogue crew. It was the last redwall book where I wouldn't know how it ended. That suspense would be gone after this book, but the joy of the story wouldn't. However, I read it and i felt accomplished afterwords.

I found out about his death a couple days after it happened. I'd thought about what would happen if he died before, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Then it took a while to sink in. I told my family with a lump in my throat but refused to cry. He was my favorite author but the thing about authors is that their works live on forever, like Ben and Ned do :) couldn't write this without mentioning them. Yes it was a day of mourning for many, but he left behind a legacy that would inspire an audience worldwide.

Thank you Brian Jacques!

From your biggest fan, Luke (AKA Captain Tammo)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

Nice, Tammo!
I read all the Redwall books inside of a year. I wanted to make them last but it didn't work. :'(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

brocka

Brian gave us a wonderful recipe of words:"Shoulders back, chin up, stiff upper whisker and stay at your bally post, wot,wot?" I cried and grieved too, but I always thought of the gallant hares carrying out their duties and honoring their fallen comrades. It was difficult for me as an adult because I too had wanted to meet him and tell him how the stories helped me. So I shall keep a stiff upper whisker and see him in heaven too. EULALLIA!!

MatthiasMan

Man oh Man, I missed it.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :o :o :o :o >:( >:( >:( ??? ??? ??? :( :( :( :(

I want the redwall cookbook so badly but my mom won't let me spend my b-day money on it.

Dannflor

I was so upset when I heard the news I was crying :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.