News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Was he Working on Something

Started by redwallgurl, March 03, 2012, 03:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwallgurl

I was just wondering, before Mr. Brian Jacques died was he still writing something? If so could they publish it so we could see it?
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

Having been more than a year since he died and having nothing yet, I would think not.  There was a rumor that he had an unfinished book when he died, but I believe it was determined to be unfounded, even silly perhaps, which makes me think all the more that he didn't have anything.  I think that Rogue Crew was the last one.   
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

I don't think he was working on anything. Rogue Crew was published after he died, so I don't think he had any unfinished stories. He might have been already planning one, though... ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

There are still plenty of rumours circulating on an unfinished novel, but since it's been over a year since Brian Jacques' tragic passing I think it is time to be realistic. We would have heard something by now. I think it is fair to say there was no other un-published novel. It is a sad truth we will have to deal with.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skipper

i highly doubt it, if he had we would have heard something about it but since we havn't i doubt he was working on something

Nightfire

Well, I remember that J.R.R. Tolkein had the Silmarillion when he died, and it was unfinished, yet they published it. So if Brian Jacques had an unfinished work, maybe they'd publish it anyway.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

Did Mr. Jacques say that he usually wrote during the summer?  And hadn't he just finished the Rogue Crew the previous summer?  If so, I don't think he would have had time to start work on anything else. :(  And quite frankly, it would be incredibly frustrating for me to read an unfinished work by him.  He had such a nice way of tying it all together in the last few chapters that I think it would be too frustrating not to know how it ended. :(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

Maybe we will.  If someone writes a biography on him (yes please!), then the author may be able to talk to his family and find out for sure.  Or if they publish some of his notes, or, and or, and or.  But we don't know now, unfortunately. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Wasn't he still editing Rouge Crew?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

redwallgurl

i think i will emaial this site to find out
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

Yes he was, what it is I don't know. I can't tell you any more cause this is private information I got in a writers convention from Bryan Davis ( he's a really good writer! look him up!)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ceteruler

Bryan Davis knew about stuff going on with Brian Jacques's stuff? Me wants at know about that! PM me to tell me about that!

Dannflower Reguba

Yes, I can tell you this much. Bryan Davis has a friend who is working on a project for him (Screenplay related) and this friend got hooked up with Brian Jaques Cause this friend was reall acurate in his movie making, Jaques died and left 2 VERY IMPORTANT things/Rights to this friend of Brian Davis's and Brian Davis was told about it and then told us at the writers convention.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ceteruler

*brain almost chokes* that's quite the chain reaction.