Wow
2 (11.1%)
Haha
4 (22.2%)
I can explain!
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Rusvul

Hmm, I personally do some of the time but other times they kinda make me squirm a little... Especially if, as Del said, I did a mediocre job of something and I get complemented for it. :P

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Mask on January 05, 2015, 08:55:44 AM
TAMW when you mention your gay friend to your anti-gay parents and they go super quiet.

Oosh, yeah that sounds pretty awkward

TASOM when you pretend to hallucinate from sleep deprivation just to see what your friend's reactions are
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mhera

Quote from: Delthion on January 05, 2015, 03:55:23 AM
TAMW you are constantly being complemented for something that you think you only did moderately on.

(In fact, people approaching me and complementing me is just annoying in general. :P) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes to this.

Skyblade

I appreciate any compliment I get, even when I don't believe it, because they're just trying to be kind...I'm not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion ;D I feel strongly about this. I believe that people who deserve recognition/appreciation should get it.

That awkward moment when you go all out saying your personal beliefs :P SERIOUSLY DON'T HURT ME

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

That awkward moment when you don't fully agree with some of your parents' personal beliefs.  (I won't go listing all of them, but the main one that gets me riled up is how my parents don't think racism exists AT ALL anymore.  I beg to differ, but as I'm a child, they don't like to listen to me.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

That awkward moment when you realize that you might care more about your grades/college-related future more than your parents do...or at least, sometimes.

Rainshadow

That awkward moment when you've told your mother several times that you don't care to have a romantic relationship with anyone, but she still gets angry and thinks she knows how you feel better than you do.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

I agree, credit should be given where it is due. Trouble is when credit isn't due and it is given anyway, that is what makes me uncomfortable. :P

@Rain: Saying racism doesn't exist at all is like saying races don't exist- Ludicrous. There will always be some insolent jerk who discriminates, and at the moment that insolent jerk is near-omnipresent- Just far, far less prevalent than it used to be. The less prevalent the insolent jerk becomes, the better off the world is.

Mhera

Quote from: Skyblade on January 05, 2015, 06:48:40 PM
I appreciate any compliment I get, even when I don't believe it, because they're just trying to be kind...I'm not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion ;D I feel strongly about this. I believe that people who deserve recognition/appreciation should get it.

That awkward moment when you go all out saying your personal beliefs :P SERIOUSLY DON'T HURT ME

Nobody's going to get hurt, lol. The awkward part about compliments, at least for me, is when you get them and you really don't deserve them. And then if you try to point that out to the complimentor they think you're being modest and then pour it on even more. So I've learned that a simple "thank you" is usually the best route, but still...the awkward is there. And I totally get when people are giving complements to be nice/encouraging, and I try to be nice about receiving them, but the situation always seems to come out awkward. If you can take compliments without flinching, be thankful  ;).

Skyblade

Quote from: Mhera on January 05, 2015, 07:12:12 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on January 05, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

Nobody's going to get hurt, lol. The awkward part about compliments, at least for me, is when you get them and you really don't deserve them. And then if you try to point that out to the complimentor they think you're being modest and then pour it on even more. So I've learned that a simple "thank you" is usually the best route, but still...the awkward is there. And I totally get when people are giving complements to be nice/encouraging, and I try to be nice about receiving them, but the situation always seems to come out awkward. If you can take compliments without flinching, be thankful  ;).

Oh yeah, I can see how it could be awkward. Lol ;D

Hickory

That awkward moment when you feel un-used, in the way you can't join in a convorsation but you can't do anything else.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Uh oh. . . That's how you're feeling now, is it?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

A little of the opposite right now on the RPs i'm in
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 05, 2015, 03:08:58 AM
TAMW you start laughing like a maniac and you don't know why. (BTW this has happened to me.)

YES! Someone else does that besides me! (Although I seem to do it on a regular basis. . . . )

TAMW when you punch someone for giving you a complimet. (If I get ONE MORE compliment on my hair. . . . . . )

The Skarzs

You have nice long hair. ;D
TAMW you know you're about to be hit by a frying pan. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.