News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you think BJ was a Christian?

Started by Taggerung The Otter, May 01, 2012, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

Yes bacause the name Matthais is from the bible
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Dannflower Reguba

I, in fact, am CERTAIN he is a Christian... ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

KaiTheDog

I read somewhere (on this forum, actually) that he was either Anglican or Catholic.

Redwallfan7

Interesting... I didn't know the name Matthias was a Bible name. I was going to guess he was a christain or a Roman Catholic.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Coobreedan

He seemed like a Christian. I can't explain but he just seemed Christian-ish.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

mothermellus

he just seemed like a kind and gentle man. we lost a truly great man and the world is a sadder place because of it. :'(

Flandor

Quote from: mothermellus on May 02, 2012, 06:26:49 PM
he just seemed like a kind and gentle man. we lost a truly great man and the world is a sadder place because of it. :'(

This.  I don't feel like this is something to be debated over.  Religion is a very personal matter.  Whatever his religion was "exactly" doesn't matter.  What matter is he was a kind man who wrote wonderful stories that have the power to bring all of us together, adults and young people, of all religions and walks of life.   
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

KaiTheDog

Quote from: Flandor on May 02, 2012, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: mothermellus on May 02, 2012, 06:26:49 PM

This.  I don't feel like this is something to be debated over.  Religion is a very personal matter.  Whatever his religion was "exactly" doesn't matter.  What matter is he was a kind man who wrote wonderful stories that have the power to bring all of us together, adults and young people, of all religions and walks of life.   

I couldn't agree more.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Lutra

Mr. Jacques was raised Catholic, and did attend Catholic school as a boy.  He has mentioned this at his library visits in the U.S.  Some can be found on youtube.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung The Otter

DanielofRedwall

He called himself a hard-working Irish catholic from Liverpool in this interview.
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on May 01, 2012, 11:15:47 PM
Interesting... I didn't know the name Matthias was a Bible name.
Matthias replaced Judas as the twelfth deciple in the book of Acts. There are quite a few other Biblical names in Redwall, such as Methusalah (who is the oldest person to have ever lived), Luke and a few others. I can't remember any others off the top of my head right now.
Received mostly negative reviews.

WildDoogyPlumm

Maybe, but why does it matter?  We are all here because we enjoyed his books, not because of what religion he was.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Taggerung The Otter

Matthias720

Okay, guys, let's keep things civil.