OK

Started by Mad Maudie, February 15, 2012, 03:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Maudie

OK i was searching something and i noticed that there is no thing that lets you filter what comes up like a button that lets you only look for topics or authors or things just wandering why we do not have it
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

There's a check-box if you want to limit it to topics only, but there isn't one for authors.  Look under the bold-faced "Options" tag, "Search in topic subjects only".  I used it just the other day.  I'll post a highlighted screenshot in a minute.  

Edit: Screenshot of what I mean.
http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/Sibfam_pics/?action=view&current=RedwallAbbeyprtscrn.png

You can also plow through a certain user's posts, if you feel the need to.  Go to their Profile, and in the lowest box there's a link to "Show the last posts of this person", which displays all of their posts.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Primrosewarrior

That was usfull. thanks!

Wot Wot

how do you reply to one person only, if you can
also how do you get those pictures and little quotes, i am really new to this

Mad Maudie

DO you mean like a personal message? if so click on there profile and hit Send this person a Personal message as for pic and siggie go to your profile hit forum profile information signature is under your post, personal text is under your pic and you can choose form something already there or upload your own (Hope this was helpful)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

If you want to quote someone, there's a button at the top-right-hand corner of the post you want to quote that says simply "Quote".  Just click on that and it will pull up the post page with the quote code set up for you. 
You can also look at the posts under the one you're typing once you're at the post page and click on the red "Insert Quote" text, and it will add a quote underneath anything you may have already written.

Also, the code for making a quote from somewhere other than the forum is this.
[quote]Remove this text and fill with whatever you want to quote.[/quote]
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16