News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Chatechism questions

Started by Dannflor, May 09, 2012, 01:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflor

awnser then write one

what is God
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Bragoon

Children's, Shorter, or Larger?  I believe there's also a Catholic catechism.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Yeah, there is a Catholic catechism....in fact it wasn't until just recently that I discovered that we Protestants also have a catechism!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Bragoon

I highly recommend that you try to get a copy of the Westminster Confession of Faith with Larger Catechism.  It's an absolutely invaluable book.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

winifred

Yes  the westminister chatechism, my dad started doing the shorter version at the dinner table and it was different, I was kinda out of whack.  :P ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

KaiTheDog

I'm not sure if I understand the question. Can somebody clarify it for me?

Bragoon

"The catechism is a summary or exposition of doctrine, traditionally used in Christian religious teaching from New Testament times to the present.[1] Catechisms are doctrinal manuals often in the form of questions followed by answers to be memorized, a format that has been used in non-religious or secular contexts as well."
From Wikipedia.

Dannflor is referring to one of the Christian catechisms, but which one is unclear. 

However, the answer I memorized for school is that God is a spirit, infinite, eternal and unchangeable in his being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.  (children's catechism)

Dannflor

I am A Traditional Catholic

Bragoon

Ah, so we'll probably have different answers.

Dannflor