News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

You know you love Redwall

Started by Redwall Musician, June 29, 2011, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Okay, you know you love Redwall when you:

Have a dream about it.
(I had dream when I was in the Sable Queen)

Can refer everything you say back to Redwall.
(I can almost all the time ;D)

Select what type of animal your family and friends are.
(I have some hares and otters in my family. My grandma's a vole!)

Have played Redwall with your friends.
(I do all the time. And I'm not kidding)

If you can say you have done one or all of these things, you for sure love Redwall.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

I definitely played Redwall with my friends when I was younger. I made my younger brother join in too. As we got older, my friends and I graduated to writing short stories with each other during school. Ahhh, those were the days.  ;)

I can pretty much tick off all of the things on that list! Another thing I used to do was name all of my stuffed animals after Redwall characters.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 29, 2011, 02:54:28 PM

Have a dream about it.

If you can say you have done one or all of these things, you for sure love Redwall.
Ha ha, you know your Redwall. 8)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 29, 2011, 02:54:28 PM

Have a dream about it.

Wow, better than me! I've dreamed about it, can refer just about everything to it, and come from a family of shrews, but I've never played Redwall. Unless RP counts?

Redwall love lives on! ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

Yup, I definitely love redwall? When I was younger, an addition was put on my house and my little sister and I played redwall on the giant dirt pile next to the foundation. We pretended that we were in a secret mole castle called "Gower Hollow" and endless armies of vermin were invading. We spent HOURS playing sometimes with my older sister too. But in-between battles, we would go about our regular redwall life and even solve riddles that we'd make up for each other that would lead to a great discovery. Now I'm a 15 year old guy in high school.... Yup, still wanna play redwall!  ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwall Musician

Yes! I'm not the only one who plays Redwall with younger siblings!
They have only heard me talk about it. And they have seen the tv series. But since I'm like there leader they usually like things I do. We try to make my brother the bad guy, because he is funny and mean. Then I'm the hero, unless I feel like I want to have slaves. Then I'm evil! And I still play it, with my Redwaller friend, and my family.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

I haven't played it in a while but I always think about how awesome it'd be to live in mossflower with everyone. I'll usually think up characters and draw them and write biographies for them (it's really fun actually) and put them in a notebook. I made a mouse named "captain Leo Williams" who commands a massive ship called the "Seaspark" with his faithful crew. Anyway, on mr. Jacques's doomwyte  tour, I got to meet Brian. I gave him the notebook (I had a second copy for myself) he said he really liked it ;D I remember it vividly, I had a long conversation with him it was awesome. I told him I don't expect him to use the characters in his books, that wasn't the point. I wanted to give it to him to show him how he's inspired me to make my own redwall world and the impact he's had on my life. It's something I'll never forget
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

I've done all of those. Including having a dream. I played Redwall by myself mostly, but when all of the kids in our family were quite young we played it once. My brother, the one who got me in to Redwall and the only one who really liked it exept for me, has now grown out of it, but I know I never will. :) Man, I wish I had a younger sibiling, then I could read them Redwall and could still play Redwall without it being weird...
Received mostly negative reviews.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 29, 2011, 07:51:01 PM
I haven't played it in a while but I always think about how awesome it'd be to live in mossflower with everyone. I'll usually think up characters and draw them and write biographies for them (it's really fun actually) and put them in a notebook. I made a mouse named "captain Leo Williams" who commands a massive ship called the "Seaspark" with his faithful crew. Anyway, on mr. Jacques's doomwyte  tour, I got to meet Brian. I gave him the notebook (I had a second copy for myself) he said he really liked it ;D I remember it vividly, I had a long conversation with him it was awesome. I told him I don't expect him to use the characters in his books, that wasn't the point. I wanted to give it to him to show him how he's inspired me to make my own redwall world and the impact he's had on my life. It's something I'll never forget
I'm so jealous. Brian never came to Australia...
Received mostly negative reviews.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 30, 2011, 08:33:55 AM
I've done all of those. Including having a dream. I played Redwall by myself mostly, but when all of the kids in our family were quite young we played it once. My brother, the one who got me in to Redwall and the only one who really liked it exept for me, has now grown out of it, but I know I never will. :) Man, I wish I had a younger sibiling, then I could read them Redwall and could still play Redwall without it being weird...

What's wrong with being weird? Why on Earth (or anywhere else) would you want to be normal ?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwall Musician

Weasel dude:
Yes why be normal.

I like being weird. Weird people are the ones who are the most fun. Especially funny weird people.

Wydran Riverpaw

Can I add more to the list? :P

• When you can make exact quotes from the books
  • When you know the exact lyrics to songs from the books

I've done both XD I wrote out the entire "Noonvale" song in the "Favourite Songs" topic in this forum from memory, and here's one memorable quote from Martin the Warrior that Polleekin says:

QuoteThat liddle mousey-maid be locked in Marthen's 'eart, and thurr she'm bound to stay.

Trigoma

iv dreamd about haveing a dream in redwall (lol) but i seem to never get one even though iv tried thinking of it when i go to sleep xD oh well i can defenitly do everything else!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Captain Tammo

Try reading a ton of redwall before bed, like 50 or so pages in one sitting, then watch a bunch of redwall on YouTube, and then finally, think about as u fall asleep, that should work.

Redwall Musician

I think about it all the time: That is how I've dreamed about it three times.