News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

T.V series question: Why did they change Pallum into a girl on the show?

Started by Redwallfan7, May 14, 2012, 12:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

If Pallum is a guy in the book, then why did they change him into a girl on the Martin the Warrior episodes?  ???
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

im not sure they did cahnge alot of things in the movie to book.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwaller

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

Pallum was a boy in Martin the Warrior, and a girl the the third season of the TV show.  I was appalled. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

KaiTheDog

I think it may have been to even out the gender distribution of the group (Martin, Rose, Grumm, and, of course, Pallum).

Osu

Quote from: KaiTheDog on May 14, 2012, 02:47:16 AM
I think it may have been to even out the gender distribution of the group (Martin, Rose, Grumm, and, of course, Pallum).
I agree. I think it was purely American politics and nothing more.

As Bragoon has said, appalling.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Coobreedan

The ways in which books are deformed when the reach the big screen...
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

Yup, its all about gender balance in the group.  Actually I had forgotten Pallum was male in the book when I first saw season 3 so it didn't hit me too hard until I read the book again, and realized the difference.  I didn't see it as a major change that disrupted the story.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I don't mind it either, but I was only wondering why. Thanks
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tannsrall

if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Tiria Wildlough

Prob'ly cos they think it's awkward to have three guys and one girl.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.