News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Clothes?

Started by Galedeep, May 24, 2012, 07:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galedeep

Something just occured to me; a majority of creatures are mentioned wearing tunics, capes, robes, and the like, so where does the materiel come from? It couldn't be animal skins (except perhaps vermin might do such things). For that matter, this question could include blankets, sheets, drapes, or medical cloth

Flandor

I always assumed this was similar to how they were able to have milk and dairy products with no cows.  There's most likely plants that have fibers that can be woven into cloth similar to cotton products.  In my opinion haha.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tannsrall

There are plants that you can make clothes out of. It just takes a long time.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

redwallgurl

well they can be made out of plants different fibers and maybe umm what ever string is made out of
Fun. is a fantastic band.

GeminyaTome

Also, they are smaller. It doesn't take as much material to make a habit for a mouse as it would for a human.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Redwaller

Lutra

Just like cotton is made from plant fibers, you can assume the same for Redwall and that plant fibers have been used to make clothes.  Also, I like what was said before--smaller animals mean it won't take as long as it would for a human.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

WildDoogyPlumm

Plants, with the exception of a few bad guy's clothes.  I think barkcloth is mentioned several times, that's used in some clothes.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy