redwall abbey; even though it's not real, does it still feel like it sometimes?

Started by mattimouse20, July 17, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

Now, i have read and become a HUGE fan of Red wall for as far back as when the show came out. As soon as I heard there were books, i was like no way, really?  So, i read and I read and I read some more. pretty soon, i began to close my eyes and could see those four red stone walls, smell those steaming pies, and almost drink that delicious strawberry cordial. (I have now proudly coined the word "scrummy" now) It's all very descriptive and precise the way Jacques wrote. he never left out a single detail. it's almost like magic the way this man could easily blend the characters together with an enticing plot-line and a hidden world far beyond our imagination to vividly describe the characters,locations sights and smells of Red wall. Some describe Red wall as an escape from the real world, where we can let go of reality and go somewhere where we can be free and not have to think or listen to anyone else. others, say it's an inspiration for stories that they may choose to create for themselves.Even though, every one has a different opinion about Red-wall, it doesn't stop them from unleashing their creativity and imagination upon the world. So, I invite you to spend time with me and take a trip to Redwall abbey where their doors are always open.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

mattimouse20

i don't understand your question. I was merely discussing how Jacques vivid description of the novel is so clear that I can almost see it in my head.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

I think that he told a Redwall story to some blind children, which is why it's so descriptive. Besides, Brian Jacques was just talented. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

mattimouse20

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

mattimouse20

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tannsrall

if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

mattimouse20

fact. while there may or may not be an ACTUAL redwall abbey, there are others such as, the westminster abbey in England, that still exist to this day!perhaps it's these very places that Brian found the inspiration for the location of redwall?

AbbotAlf0805

Redwallfan7

Whenever I hear the line "Adresses to places like Abbey Road" from the song The Good Life-OneRepublic, I automatically think of Redwall Abbey