News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Annoying things about the TV series

Started by W0NWILL, July 28, 2012, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

With any studio, (specifically animation ones) you'll often find they rely on certain people contracted to them for voices.  Just about everyone in Redwall voiced some other Nelvana characters.  Costs would've been much higher (and perhaps there would've been no tv series) if they didn't use who they already had under contract and worked with before.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

W0NWILL

Ah, I also hate it when people make a good point against me. :) Though I was just listening to Martin the Warrior and there was a line that caught my attention: Felldoh's deep voice came back from the shore. Or something along those lines.

Redwallfan7

I thought they could have improved on Skalrag's voice a little better. He wasn't a teenager in the book, he was probably in his late twenties early thirties if he would be close to human age. In the show, he sounded squeaky and teenager pitched. His voice is funny, though. It made me laugh :P
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Skalrag has a creepy voice in the series.  Fits a cowardly character after all. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

I thought that the whole thing could have been more serious, too.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

You probably all knew I was gonna say this sooner or later, but...

SKALRAG'S DEATH WAS THE MOST ANNOYING PART OF THE SHOW FOR ME!!!

That said, I was also bothered by Pallum's gender change. Very strange. I like Skalrag's voice, though...reminds me of Chickenhound.  ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on July 31, 2012, 01:04:12 AM
You probably all knew I was gonna say this sooner or later, but...

SKALRAG'S DEATH WAS THE MOST ANNOYING PART OF THE SHOW FOR ME!!!

That said, I was also bothered by Pallum's gender change. Very strange. I like Skalrag's voice, though...reminds me of Chickenhound.  ;D
The same guy who voiced Chickenhound also voiced Skalrag. I read it on the Redwall Wiki
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skalrag of Marshank

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...that makes sense. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwallfan7

Gingivere Greeneyes

Well first of all, I hated the Warden's voice. I don't know maybe it's because I had already watched the farthing wood series and expected the Warden's voice to be like Whistler the Heron's, who's voice is deeper and not as croaky and feeble sounding.  :-\
I also hated Pallum's gender change. He was also one of my favs in the book so female Pallum's really annoyed me, as well as the way Ballaw said "Rowan, old-oak."
As well as most of the voices in 'Mattimeo' (except Slagar's) I hated how they made creatures like rats the same size as badgers and hares.....Okay i'm done ranting now! XD
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Felldoh154

Pallum was ok, for me, I didn't mind too much. Felldohs voice was, In my opinion, well-done, I thought it fit the book character perfectly. What annoyed me the most hands down: the battles. The tv series takes all the epIc battles and BUTCHERS them! For starters the armies are portrayed as too small. (gousim consisted of about 6 shrews??) and the pigmy shrews! There were tons of them in the book! Please recall the movie, there were around 2 of them! And also, what about Felldoh? I recall an epic death in the book where he kills a score of enemies with sticks, laughing the whole time. The movie? 3 or 4 enemies take him down. He doesn't even kill or injure 1

Tiria Wildlough

That's because nobody gets killed or injured in cartoons. They just fall down and play dead. ::)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

xxmpxx

Okay did this make anyone else mad? in the first season especially when they would cut to the tapestry at the end and then again at the begining of the next episode. If you could already see the story why didnt they just look at the tapestry to see what they had to do. i know its a cartoon but there was one instance (cant remeber the episode) where they just walked right past it and you could see the stroyline.

Lutra

Guess you could say the same about the book...supposedly the tapestry told of the great battles....so you knew you would have a battle of sorts! ;)  I never looked at the tapestry in the series that closely.  I'd imagine a good majority of those who watched the first season, also have read the book so it was no secret as to what would happen.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

And they had a scene where Cluny's horde rats formed a circus, what the heck! That was NOT in the book!   >:(