Book Errors (Typos and general mistakes)

Started by Georgiana, August 15, 2012, 01:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgiana

I am currently rereading Mariel of Redwall and I found an error in the beginning of chapter 18. Being a resident of the United States, I am of course reading a U.S. edition published by Firebird fantasy. It is a paperback. The error is on page 164, the first page of chapter 18. Pakatugg is referred to as a hedgehog, but previously he was known to be a squirrel. I've also noticed that the spelling of Graypatch alternates between Greypatch and Graypatch throughout the book.

Has anyone else found errors or typos in their books? I remember seeing the typo "daaughters" somewhere in Mattimeo.

redwallforever

I'm French and I think I noticed a small error in the French edition of The Pearl of Lutra (renamed Loubia) in the first days of fighting, the battle cry is "Loubiiiiiiiia" and a little later "Loubiaaaaaaaa".
you broke his bell!
-Yes,Cornflower,hopefully ...
The abbey of Redwall Abbey is an eternal, that will always rise in honor of all those who lived.As archivists Redwall say: "Come in, we welcome you."

Ajc3000fox

hehe,you guys are grammer nazis ::)

Only joking of course, I fail to notice spelling errors, ussualy being to deep into to care
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

Georgiana

Quote from: Ajc3000fox on August 15, 2012, 06:53:28 PM
Only joking of course, I fail to notice spelling errors, ussualy being to deep into to care

Even if I'm deep into the story, a spelling error or inconsistency will often jolt me out of it. That's what happened when Pakatugg was referred to as a hedgehog.

Flandor

There's the infamous misuse of female pronouns for Killconey even though he is a male character, in Redwall.  Brian made mention of it in an interview and said it ought to be fixed but it hasn't been as of the latest editions I've seen.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

In Mattimeo, baby Rollo switches from being a vole, to a mouse, and then back again.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

In a page of Eulalia, Abbot Daucus is Abbot Daucas.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on August 16, 2012, 09:59:02 PM
There's the infamous misuse of female pronouns for Killconey even though he is a male character, in Redwall.  Brian made mention of it in an interview and said it ought to be fixed but it hasn't been as of the latest editions I've seen.

That drove me bonkers!  :D :D :D I used to think Killconey WAS a girl!  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 17, 2012, 04:29:13 AM

Ha ha, same here. I was reading Redwall for the first time, and I was like... Wait something is off :P
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WildDoogyPlumm

In the Rogue Crew, Abbot Thibb changes from a squirrel to a mouse.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

To err is human. ;)  Changing species is something I never paid much attention to and never noticed.  The only mistake I've ever noticed is the transgender Killconey...and like others, I always believed he/she was female due to the error.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rusvul

Quote from: Georgiana on August 15, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
I am currently rereading Mariel of Redwall and I found an error in the beginning of chapter 18. Being a resident of the United States, I am of course reading a U.S. edition published by Firebird fantasy. It is a paperback. The error is on page 164, the first page of chapter 18. Pakatugg is referred to as a hedgehog, but previously he was known to be a squirrel. I've also noticed that the spelling of Graypatch alternates between Greypatch and Graypatch throughout the book.

Has anyone else found errors or typos in their books? I remember seeing the typo "daaughters" somewhere in Mattimeo.
i noticed some of that stuff. i didnt really pay any attention at all :D

Orinoco

In Loamhedge, the weasel brothers Rogg and Floggo were once referred to as ferrets.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Stripedog

Perhaps the female pronouns for Killconey have been changed in the latest edition, because when I read it recently I didn't notice anything.

AxeHound

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 17, 2012, 04:29:13 AM

Killconey's male?

(please do not send me the pm game messages)