What order do you recommend reading the books in?

Started by Rittwolf, September 21, 2012, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rittwolf

I've only recently discovered the Redwall series and see that they have been listed in BOTH print order and chronological order. I was just wondering, before I get started reading them, what is the preferred order to read them in? ???
Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

W0NWILL

Read Redwall first, then Mattimeo, then Mariel of Redwall, then Bellmaker, that gets the ones that come right after another out of the way. After that, its's up to you. That's my advice.

Skipper

Well if you read it in the order they take place then things might make more sense.

Lutra

When I starting reading them in 1997, publication order was all that you could do once you got to the latest book.  The stories were out of order but it didn't bother me.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

In my opinion, Redwall must be read first and then be immediately followed by Mattimeo, but after that, there really isn't a specific order that they must be read in.

Lutra

Yeah, those two definitely back to back (but they were also published back to back), and the rest it really doesn't matter much.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Silverbell

I think you should read Redwall first and then Mattimeo.
Human hair extensions and pre bonded hair extensions are popular for quality and style.

Dalek Fur

I figured it out, sort of:
Redwall, Mattimeo, Pearls of Lutra, The Long Patrol, Marlfox, and Taggerung.

After that, I have know idea, but I do know of a small series:
Mariel of Redwall, The Bellmaker, and Martin the Warrior.

From there, it goes:
Mossflower, The Legend of Luke, and Outcast of Redwall.

Redwallfan7

In my opinion, read Mossflower first, that way you can see how everything in Mossflower got developed, and then back track to Redwall and Mattimeo. After that, it's pretty much any order you want to read them in. Okay, at least that was the order I read them in, you should most likely choose the order method that works best for you.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

I am reading them as I buy them, right now I have all the book except Taggerung, Marlfox, and Triss.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on October 02, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
I am reading them as I buy them, right now I have all the book except Taggerung, Marlfox, and Triss.
The only one I'm missing is The Rogue Crew.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 02, 2012, 03:29:42 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on October 02, 2012, 03:15:54 PM
The only one I'm missing is The Rogue Crew.

I got that one at Barns and Nobles.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Dreamer

I'd say redwall, mattimeo, martin the warrior, mossflower, then anything else.
~Dreamer~