News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Gonff

My youth group leader says at our school you are legally allowed to carry around a Bible and pray before lunch as long as you aren't beating people over the head with religion.

Most schools will allow a bible club or something similar after school hours.  During school, no, then you're right, they can't offer it then.

Personally, I think a bible club is something for your church to have, not your school. It's not that I think religion should be completely separate from school, if your a Christian it should impact your whole life, but to me I wouldn't really want to have a bible club or something like that at school especially now that I've spent some time at the public school.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Mad Maudie

QuoteI've never met a homeschooler, either. I often wonder what it is like, and I sometimes wish I could do it, but I enjoy being at a school.

it is boring! Especially when your teacher/mom has a business. And is always falling asleep during writing and History. and the math i am doing Life of Fred fractions makes you take a test twice a week but there is a upside for writing what mom will do is she'll read me and my brother a book over the course of a month and we fill in blanks punctuate and copy boring stuff like that but the book this month is Mossflower but my 13 year old brother hates Redwall how can anyone but i think i helped him a little in the hate department i spent hours talking about it so now her hates it me and my books  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

With me homeschooling is you start telling your mom about your day at school, even though she's the one that just taught it to you.  :D My school isn't boring, but algebra is annoying. One thing I know, is that conversations with other homeschoolers are never dull.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

True all my friends are homeschooled and one of them Always has an Idea
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

An Idea, huh? I do also. I sometimes drive my family crazy because I sit at the computer for hours on end writing up a new section of my books.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

really i write books but can only Really spend hours when i am in my Writing mood  but when i am not it gets into dark books like tragedies
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 08, 2011, 09:37:28 AM
I have never set foot in a classroom in almost my entire life.
Same here! I love being homeschooled! I'm pretty sure that when I'm fifteen I'll go to my first class, and even then, it'll only be a dual enrollment! My mom is the best teacher!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Dotti

I've been homeschooled my whole life--as have my younger brother and sister.  When I was small, my dad was working on his doctorate and had to teach at some public schools.  That's when he decided (much to the surprise of my mom!) that I (and any other kids he had) would be homeschooled.  I LOVE it. 
I admit, I'm not quite as comfortable around large groups of people as I would be if I had been public schooled, but I think the benefits far outway the setbacks.  From stories my friends in public school have told me, I wouldn't trade homeschooling for the world.  This year, I'm going to start taking dual enrollment classes at the community college.  I'm rather nervous, never having been in a classroom environment before.  Another thing that scares me is standardized testing.  *shivers*  I'm taking the SAT pretty soon, which is rather nerve-wracking for me. 
But homeschooling is AWESOME!!! I love how well I know my family--because I'm with them all day every day.  I don't think a lot of people have that opportunity, which is sad. :(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

redwallgurl

really being at a public school is more fun to me i mean ive made a lot of friends and my parents and i dont get along that well beccause we would always end up arguing which wouldnt be good for homeschooling for me at least
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ceteruler

M afraid some homeschooled kids who take a couple classes at my school smear the name 'homeschooled. '

Bragoon

There are plenty of examples of "good" public schoolers, and without a doubt there are many examples of "bad" homeschoolers.  The education portion of it isn't all that matters. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

I am currently in high school and have been home schooled the whole way... and I'm proud of it!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lord Deathblade

I'm homeschooled. I go to a co-op on mondays where I take things I either can't take at home or my mom didn't major in. Ex: Drama, Science, Literature.

Lutra

Most interesting how our forum here has a large population of home schooled students.  I think it would be harder to determine who here is NOT homeschooled (or was not homeschooled).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lutra on March 18, 2012, 02:53:20 PM
Most interesting how our forum here has a large population of home schooled students.  I think it would be harder to determine who here is NOT homeschooled (or was not homeschooled).

Quite right. Kinda funny. Shows home-schoolers have more imagination ;D.
Nothing against public or privatye schoolers.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This