News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: The Shade on October 13, 2013, 07:20:51 PM
Yep, that's when it gets out of hand. For the record I like very physicaly demanding sports, i e, sprinting, long distance running...I also like boxing and judo.

Ah like chocolate milk, but zat'z bezide ze point.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

Everybody says they could not change from homeschool to public school and vice versa, but I think I'll manage it, since they're all VERY good children.

And I'm starting on Tuesday(I've got a blank here, is tuesday the one right after monday? I think so...).

rachel25

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 13, 2013, 07:22:00 PM
Quote from: The Shade on October 13, 2013, 07:20:51 PM
Yep, that's when it gets out of hand. For the record I like very physicaly demanding sports, i e, sprinting, long distance running...I also like boxing and judo.

Ah like chocolate milk, but zat'z bezide ze point.
:D
I hate football full stop. I'll play it with my brothers but only if there's nothing else to do. I'm more of a rugby person though I've never joined a team. I only play it at home and watch the Six Nations.
Quote from: Redwaller on October 14, 2013, 02:53:59 AM
Everybody says they could not change from homeschool to public school and vice versa, but I think I'll manage it, since they're all VERY good children.

And I'm starting on Tuesday(I've got a blank here, is Tuesday the one right after monday? I think so...).
Yeah your fine  :)

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Mad Maudie on October 22, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
QuoteI've never met a homeschooler, either. I often wonder what it is like, and I sometimes wish I could do it, but I enjoy being at a school.

it is boring! Especially when your teacher/mom has a business. And is always falling asleep during writing and History. and the math i am doing Life of Fred fractions makes you take a test twice a week but there is a upside for writing what mom will do is she'll read me and my brother a book over the course of a month and we fill in blanks punctuate and copy boring stuff like that but the book this month is Mossflower but my 13 year old brother hates Redwall how can anyone but i think i helped him a little in the hate department i spent hours talking about it so now her hates it me and my books  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\
HOW CAN YOU HATE LIFE OF FRED??!! IT WAS THE BEST MATH EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD!! And I should know, 'cause now I'm stuck doing ACE math again. It stinks!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shade

Wait, what do you mean by ACE maths?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

A.C.E math. It stands for Accelerated Christian Education. You have these workbooks (known as PACEs) of about 50 pages, and you get 12 of them for a school year. It's not always a fun experience doing those. A.C.E also has English, Science, and other subjects, not just math. I use their English PACEs too - those aren't as bad.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 25, 2013, 05:04:18 PM
A.C.E math. It stands for Accelerated Christian Education. You have these workbooks (known as PACEs) of about 50 pages, and you get 12 of them for a school year. It's not always a fun experience doing those. A.C.E also has English, Science, and other subjects, not just math. I use their English PACEs too - those aren't as bad.
Aaah. I do 'em. Yeah, some aren't too bad...

rachel25

I do ACE as well. I find the little characters in them so annoying but I will not say what my sibling and I have said about them. Me and my brothers and sister are or have been homeschooled using ACE. *shudders* I just hate the books they make you read in the Literature PACES. *shudders again*

Brinty

I have been home schooled forever and don't regret it!   :)
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rachel25 on October 27, 2013, 01:32:46 PM
I do ACE as well. I find the little characters in them so annoying but I will not say what my sibling and I have said about them.
Tell me about it!  My siblings and I are always making fun of those little comic-book-style picture-story things in the PACEs!   ;D

The Shade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 28, 2013, 03:50:10 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on October 27, 2013, 01:32:46 PM
I do ACE as well. I find the little characters in them so annoying but I will not say what my sibling and I have said about them.
Tell me about it!  My siblings and I are always making fun of those little comic-book-style picture-story things in the PACEs!   ;D
Yep, sometimes its irresistible to draw a moustache on them.  ;D

rachel25

I've done it, and vampire teeth and horns.
My sister went to a homeschoolers weekend thing once with a friend, there was a person in an ACE suit. She said it was very tempting it stab him with a pen or something.  ;) I love my family  :)

Jukka the Sling

You mean he was dressed as Ace Virtueson, the character?

(Btw, when my mom was a teen she was homeschooled using A.C.E., and I don't know how she stood it!)

Jukka the Sling

I know! The names are so cheesy!  ::) Ace Virtueson, Sandy McMercy, Tian le Joysong...