Castaways of the Flying Dutchman Discussion

Started by Matthias720, July 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Coobreedan

Last time I read it I was tired so I thought Denmark was a human! Fail. I read some again today, and although it was a completely different genre, you can still tell it's Brian Jacques.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Castaways is very much written like Redwall, so even if you didn't know the author per se, you could see the connection.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Castaway5

I've been obsessed with the Castaways for years and was always desperate for another one.  Alas, I had to resort to writing fanfiction. If not for this series, I don't think I would have ever become a writer.  I think Mr. Jacques could have written many more without it becoming a rut, with Redwall its mostly the same story, but with Castaways they can go anywhere in the world and any time after 1620. The possibilities are endless!

If anyone is interested in reading an Adventure featuring Ben and Ned, I'm on Fanfiction.net under Castaway5, or you can just go to books and go to the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman page. I've written about half of the stories on there, including one that takes place on the Titanic!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Castaway5 on November 18, 2011, 06:43:30 AM
I've been obsessed with the Castaways for years and was always desperate for another one.  Alas, I had to resort to writing fanfiction. If not for this series, I don't think I would have ever become a writer.  I think Mr. Jacques could have written many more without it becoming a rut, with Redwall its mostly the same story, but with Castaways they can go anywhere in the world and any time after 1620. The possibilities are endless!

If anyone is interested in reading an Adventure featuring Ben and Ned, I'm on Fanfiction.net under Castaway5, or you can just go to books and go to the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman page. I've written about half of the stories on there, including one that takes place on the Titanic!

NO WAY THAT'S AWESOME!!!! Ill go check it out! How long are they?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Castaway5

Well I'm still posting Titanic, but its almost done. It'll probably be around 40,000 words...

The others are shorter, one's 13,000 words, the others range from a couple thousand to a couple hundred.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Castaway5 on November 20, 2011, 05:39:15 PM
Well I'm still posting Titanic, but its almost done. It'll probably be around 40,000 words...

The others are shorter, one's 13,000 words, the others range from a couple thousand to a couple hundred.

I just read the noodling one and left a review, can't wait to read the others!

I started the titanic one, at the bottom of ch. 1 you mention someone named Amy? Who's Amy? Is she a character from another fanfiction, if so what one?

Lutra

I will certainly look into the Titanic writing....curious to see how you pull that one off. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Castaway5

haha, I wrote Titanic a while back, so I took some liberties I normally wouldn't do.  I decided to random add Amy, who was a character from Chaplevale, into that chapter so I could Ben go through some angst of seeing someone he knew.

Today I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't really add much to the story besides chapters one and two.

Captain Tammo

Ooooooohhhh that Amy ok I get it now, I forgot about her for a sec.

DanielofRedwall

I've just borrowed "Castaways of the Flying Dutchman" from the library, can't wait to start it!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Mad Maudie

it's amazing! i just lent it to someone i know and hope i get it back in tact!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Trisscar95

I love this series. I almost have enough monney to buy the third book. I've read them all at least twice!
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Lutra

That's one thing I have forgotten to put on my amazon wishlist...I have Angel's Command but don't actually own copies of the Castaways and Voyage of Slaves.  Those were library reads.

(goes to make some mods to his amazon wish list)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~