News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is the best age to start reading Redwall?

Started by Jess, December 02, 2012, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jess

Hi!  I loved these books as a kid and also as an adult.  What age do you thing would be appropriate to start reading Redwall?  I'm thinking about getting the books for my 10 year old nephew, what do you think?

AxeHound

10 sounds good to me! That's when I first read them.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Jess

Awesome, thanks!  I think that's when I started reading them too, but it's hard to remember...

Redwallfan7

It depends on how much you can handle. I would say 12 and up, because 12 is the middle school age and it's when kids are usually ready for detailed books. My opinion, of course, but it might help you.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Buckler The Leg Buckler

I AM 10, and that's when I started reading 'em. Read Redwall and read all my teacher's books she had. Then went to library and got more.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Leatho Shellhound

Well it took me a while to learn to read, but when I did I took off.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Buckler The Leg Buckler

I thought people would be surprised I'm 10, 'cause lots of adults are on here. ;D
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Redwallfan7

;D I'm still getting used to being an adult, but that's a completely different topic. I never read the Redwall books when I was ten because I was just starting to learn basic chapter books (Like The Magic Treehouse, etc) and I was obsessed with the Shrek, Scooby Doo, and Lilo and Stich movies before I found out about Brian's books. After those interests faded, I'm glad that I found the Redwall series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Me too! Thank you Lord for letting me read Redwall!

Redwallfan7

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Skipper

It all depends on if you think your nephew is capable of understanding the words easily enough and if he is intrested in reading.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Yah, because I'm gifted in reading, so I can read these books, though I know lots of people in my class who couldn't.

Dawnwing

I started them when I was 13 and wished I'd found them earlier.  I watched a couple episodes of the television show when I was seven until my dad thought it wasn't appropriate for my age and made me stop watching it, but I thought it was fine.  The book might have been a little above my reading level at that point, so I probably wouldn't have started reading it, but 10 sounds like a great age to start reading them. :)

Slagar Mc Muffin

I was obsessed with the Shrek, Scooby Doo, and Lilo and Stich movies before I found out about Brian's books.
[/quote]

hey,i loved the lilo and stitch movies too (i still do ),but,here in germany its not so popular as it should be,so i was nearly the only one who know the 2. and 3. :(  -and they´re the best ones ( Dr. Hämsterviel 4 ever!!!!!)

i started to read redwall when i was 8,but i think that was a bit early because i needet two -and-a-half week to finish mossflower  ;D
so i think 10 is the perfect age to start because in this age you can understand the plot and the words

please feed my kitty- thank you!
A lovely message to all the haters in the world : Keep your awesomely big nose into your own buisness!  sincerely,amy ^^