News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Most Dangerous Horde (relative to size)

Started by James Gryphon, July 10, 2011, 06:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 06, 2019, 02:07:53 PM
Rose dying was a heavy price for us readers and especially the characters- buuuut I think on a macro scale the woodlanders didn't loose that many beasts.
Hmm...I was always a little confused about how many creatures die in the books....
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Yeah. I mean, I think they do explain in some cases but I forget.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

They kinda said in "Salamandastron" how many died, but I don't think they give numbers....
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

Ungat Trunn's Blue Hordes had the most vermin in one horde mentioned in the redwall series, and were the only vermin to capture Salamandastrom.

Wylder Treejumper

I would certainly have to agree there. If we are going strictly by organization as well, the Blue Hordes are certainly the most disciplined- capable of drill and complex maneuvers in tight formation, with formal military leadership structures and supply lines. The main problem it has it that its lower leadership is not particularly imaginative, but numbers and discipline can mostly make up for that in most cases.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lucifer656

I like those pathetic rats at the begining of high rulain