Lands of Ice and Snow

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 11, 2011, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Yes.
How many decks are you thinking? I'm thinking four levels: Top deck, living quarters, oar slaves deck, and the bilge.
To put it in perspective, the average height of residential ceilings is 7 feet, ten inches.
I'm not certain, but I don't think lower decks had any more head room than that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I'm not talking about each deck-- I am talking about the whole ship.

Jetthebinturong

But the height of the whole ship is completely irrelevant if you're talking about whether someone's short enough to fit on it.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Perhaps. But I think the top deck would be the preference.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sanddunes

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 26, 2018, 07:26:33 AM
It's all up to the reader to decide that, Sand. :)
Ships are taller than that? I'm. . . Confused.

think it's more like it's depends on the writer because in the Pearl of Luthra seals destroyed a pirate fleet and some bears eat seal especially polar bears

WUMASTER

I really wished there was a book about the lands of ice and snow, or a map of the place. I do think it is not directly north of Mossflower, as I believe a map showed that Mossflower has a north coast. It is northwest across the Great Sea, past Isle Terramort and Riftgard. I sure wanted to see what it was like, and maybe even read a book about what events went on over there.

Sebias of Redwall

Do you think it's a part of the mainland or an island?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

I would think it would be part of the mainland, but it might be possible that it was an island

Sebias of Redwall

That's kinda what I thought too...Unless...Brain Jakes might've based it off of Greenland.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

I wonder who controlled the Land of Snow and Ice, the wolves or wolverines?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

I would assume the wolves had migrated (died out, the like) by the time the wolverines arrived. or maybe the wolverines ate them instead. ah, the possibilities.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

Yup. Food for fanfic I guess.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Many possibilities.

One theory I heard is that the lands of ice and snow are mostly accessible at some times of the year by land, and the rest by boat, like the tides change. This would allow ships to go through to the Eastern sea (like where Marshank was) without having to go around a huge landmass. Because if the sea continued around the known land (that is, the land where Martin the Warrior took place), then the LoIaS would either have to be an island, or it wouldn't exist, or it would be considerably smaller than one might think )
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.