Doomwyte
0 (0%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rouge Crew
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Log-a-Log

Do you think it is better to reread the books in chronologic order or in publication order?
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

James Gryphon

Well, if I hadn't read the books before, I would read them in publication order.

The earlier books, in order of publication, I think are the best in tone and really have a magical feel about them, whereas books that were written later, real-time, like Lord Brocktree, seem to me to be missing a lot of that.

In particular, I think Salamandastron becomes too "common" a place after Mossflower, so I would recommend that Mossflower be the first book involving Salamandastron that is read -- and if you're going to do that, you might as well read the others in publication order too.

When it comes to rereading them, though, that's where it varies. If you're reading them for enjoyment, I think I'd still read them in publication order, but if you want to read them to gain more knowledge about the Redwall lore, chronological becomes a plausible option.

In my case, I think I'd read publication order no matter what, but that's probably because I'm not that fond of Lord Brocktree. If I liked it better I would probably view chronological order more favorably.
« Subject to editing »

Gonff

I read them in chronological order and probably will continue to re-read them that way. I don't really even know what order they were published in. (besides that Redwall comes first) I could look it up, but I like reading them in chronological order. (And I like Lord Brocktree:P)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Matthias720

Just finished Lord Brocktree. I got really busy, so I couldn't finish it as fast as I wanted to. Now onto Martin the Warrior.

Lily

I just finished Outcast and am reading an Ian Mcewan book before I start on Mariel. I've been looking forward to my Mariel re-read. I liked it so much when I first read it I spent recess memorising Saxtus' poem.

Nightfire

I'm re-reading my entire Redwall library! ;D I'm doing Pearls of Lutra right now though.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

I read the whole of Mariel of Redwall at a family Christmas party. Mariel's one of my favorite books.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Me two favouritez at the moment (Ah'm currently rereadin' The Legend Of Luke)are the Flitchaye (They're Weasels, of course ah'd like them) an' Folgrim.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Log-a-Log

Yeah, Folgrim is intimidating
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, givez ye zome ideaz fur gettin' rid o' yer neighborz, dinnae et?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. You can always use more of those, can't you? ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tannsrall

It is weird rereading Martin the Warrior after watching the cartoon.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Dannflower Reguba

:D
Cause you het a different outlook?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This