News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Best Memories and Moments of Redwall

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 09, 2011, 02:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I remember many times in the books of Redwall when I found myself laughing or something else, sometimes very hard on the former. Redwall has many great moments of valor, strength, truth and friendship, with some of the greatest written battles and conflicts, as well as peaceful moments, ever.

Most of the best parts that I can name in my experience are ones returning to mention the facts about the Redwall universe. Also "Defining moments" as I would call them, which take up times when a hero or villain makes his will set in destiny for him or herself. Redwall is truly an awesome series. Filled with so much wonderful advenutre and journey, it's a series I often return to visit again.

So, what's everyone's favorite moments of Redwall?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Briar

When Laterose (i.e Rose) died, I remember crying.  I loved that they planted a rose bush to commemorate her death.

Matthias720

I have two favorite moments. The first one being when Matthias killed Asmodeus (so epic). My second favorite moment is the fight between Rakkety Tam and Gulo.

Flurgy Twinj

The 'Flurgy Twinj' scam that Keyla comes up with in 'Martin The Warrior' always makes me laugh when I think of it (hence my nickname).

Also Lord Brocktree saying that '1 Badger Lord carries 200 votes and his sword carries another 100' when there was a possibility his descision was going to be overruled by the small army he was leading.  :D
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.

Spring Breeze

Baby Dumble and Mr. Thug!  Need I say  more?
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 10, 2011, 04:33:43 AM
Baby Dumble and Mr. Thug!  Need I say  more?

Harharhar!

Yeah, I loved those two so much!
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Bella

I feel the same way when I read the pages of the great warriors.

Mariel

There a scene in which a vermin assassin is trying to pick off a badger lord for his master.  He's climbing in through a window of Salamandastron, poisoned knife in hand, when two biscuits knock the wraith-like vermin from his perch.  The cakes were thrown by two rambunctious young creatures (either otters or hares), who were aiming for the badger, who ducked, thus ending a petty fight, all in jest of course, among the good animals of the story.  The thin, shadowy assassin tumbles from a great height to rocks below, but an accidental stab from the poisoned knife renders him lifeless before he hits the ground.  There are Redwall gurus who would have my head for not knowing the details on this one, but I think we can all agree on Jacques' talent for making absurd coincidence seem triumphant--even more proof of his brilliance as a writer.

Matthias720

Quote from: Mariel on June 11, 2011, 05:19:44 AM
There a scene in which a vermin assassin is trying to pick off a badger lord for his master.  He's climbing in through a window of Salamandastron, poisoned knife in hand, when two biscuits knock the wraith-like vermin from his perch.  The cakes were thrown by two rambunctious young creatures (either otters or hares), who were aiming for the badger, who ducked, thus ending a petty fight, all in jest of course, among the good animals of the story.  The thin, shadowy assassin tumbles from a great height to rocks below, but an accidental stab from the poisoned knife renders him lifeless before he hits the ground.  There are Redwall gurus who would have my head for not knowing the details on this one, but I think we can all agree on Jacques' talent for making absurd coincidence seem triumphant--even more proof of his brilliance as a writer.
You're thinking of the scene with this guy.

Log a Log Grenn

Mine is when Dotti is fighting King Bucko
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Spring Breeze

So I  was just thinking back to when Doomwyte was about to come out and it was right around my birthday and I was begging my Mom to let me pre-order it and she wouldn't let me and I was so upset but then on my birthday I got a package from my Grandma and she bought Doomwyte for me, I started jumping around in excitement and then opened it to find that it was signed and I started crying, I don't know why, I guess I was just so happy.  Now that book is one of my most prized possessions.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Mariel

@Matthias720: Thank you so much!! I knew someone would know what I was rambling on about...now I'm going to have to read Outcast of Redwall all over again.

Log a Log Grenn

Lovely story Spring Breeze
I have a signed Lord Brocktree I found it in a second hand shop for 50p
When the people found out it was signed they said I was going to have to pay an extra £20
But I said i'd give them a £5 and they said I might as well get it for 50p
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

DanielofRedwall

I remember crying when *spoiler* Rose died in Martin the Warrior. I think I might of pretended to be sick so I could read Eulalia once, maybe not... Oh well, still a cool story.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Silas