News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Best Memories and Moments of Redwall

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 09, 2011, 02:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I enjoyed just about any scene with Crumdun in it during the Rogue Crew.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

I like all the funny moments. Like when Gonff was talking to the haremaids.

"Is she pretty?"
"Very pretty?"
"Tell us mister Gonff, tell us!"

Also like it when Rose's brother help the slaves to escape.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Storm

My favorite moment is when Hon Rosie turns out to not be dead in the bellmaker. This is because it is a funny, funny moment and I cry every time I read about her "death". This makes all happy in my world and brings me from the depths of despair after she "dies". I also like when Mariel finds out that her father is not dead.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Storm on June 20, 2011, 12:27:13 AM
My favorite moment is when Hon Rosie turns out to not be dead in the bellmaker. This is because it is a funny, funny moment and I cry every time I read about her "death". This makes all happy in my world and brings me from the depths of despair after she "dies".

That's not The Bellmaker, that's Mariel of Redwall.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

Oh! Here's another good one - in Mossflower, when Martin/Dinny/Gonff/Log a Log meet Trubbs/Wother/Ffring for the first time, at one point Martin asks how they got somewhere, and they respond:
"Oh, this way and that, old chap."
"Dodge and weave, y'know."
"How the dickens to we ever get anywhere?"

I will always remember these lines because they still make me giggle. 8D

DanielofRedwall

I think my fave moment is *spoiler alert* when Fatch dies to save Rufe Brush in the Bellmaker. I also like all the funny moments. :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Martha Braebuck

There has been many times when I've almost cried when a warrior dies or I almost laugh my head off when something really funny happens. There are soooo many times when things like that happen in the books!! (And there are so many books I can't think of them all  :P)
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Found another scene I love - in the beginning of Eulalia!, Maudie is hauled up to answer to the badger lord with her head stuffed in a flour sack. I always laugh when the Thwirl makes his report, especially when he does it in the audiobook. Ohmygawsh I love him. :D

I am on a big Eulalia kick today for some reason.

Wot Wot!

I have to go with a sad one hear, because I just read it a short while ago: (SPOILER):

Bragoon and Saro's final battle in Loamhedge, as they are talking to each other on the edge of the abyss after defeating the Wearet crew: "Gone to sunny slopes an' quiet streams..."  Gah, makes me bust out crying every time... :'(
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Captain Tammo

"cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!"
-Luke the warrior
By far my favorite redwall moment!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

That and when on green isle, when kolun the otter and sergeant o'cragg were talking
o'cragg: ho, there's h'a few more'n just two of us Missy. Ye'll see for yore self. Yore to follow me'n the cap'n to a meetin' with h'our commandin' offisah, major frunk.
kolun: we're to follow you, eh? Says who?
o'cragg: h'i believe 'er name h'is Rhulain, sah!
Then there's a huge cheer from the otter clans, gives me a chill every time
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 28, 2011, 06:21:38 PM
That and when on green isle, when kolun the otter and sergeant o'cragg were talking
o'cragg: ho, there's h'a few more'n just two of us Missy. Ye'll see for yore self. Yore to follow me'n the cap'n to a meetin' with h'our commandin' offisah, major frunk.
kolun: we're to follow you, eh? Says who?
o'cragg: h'i believe 'er name h'is Rhulain, sah!
Then there's a huge cheer from the otter clans, gives me a chill every time
Yes! I loved, loved, loooved the scene where the otters met Tiria for the first time. So happy. ;D

Tiria Wildlough

I love the bit in Marlfox where Cregga picks up Florian and dumps him in the actor's cart adn kicks it off in the direction of the Abbey. hahaha!
  :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Briar on June 09, 2011, 11:21:32 AM
When Laterose (i.e Rose) died, I remember crying.  I loved that they planted a rose bush to commemorate her death.
yeah. That was sooo sad. I was really disappointed. When someone in Redwall dies that I love, it's like a punch in the stomach. I never cry, though. Only sad moves make me cry.
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Silas on June 19, 2011, 09:35:25 PM
Hon Rosie's ridiculous laugh. ;D
Oh, yes! I love the bit where Treerose tickles her ears.  :D
I'm not a hipster.