News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Birds of Redwall

Started by Mariel, June 23, 2013, 03:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Mask on July 09, 2013, 06:39:34 AM
Well, the birds do seem a little different than other creatures ...

There's a reason for the phrase "bird brain".  ;)

Actually, various tests have shown that birds (and fish) are a lot smater than they were previously thought to be.

You could almost take the Ga'Hoole books to be the stories of the Redwall birds.

Mariel

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 09, 2013, 10:20:08 PM
Quote from: Mask on July 09, 2013, 06:39:34 AM
Well, the birds do seem a little different than other creatures ...

There's a reason for the phrase "bird brain".  ;)

Actually, various tests have shown that birds (and fish) are a lot smater than they were previously thought to be.

You could almost take the Ga'Hoole books to be the stories of the Redwall birds.
There are some inaccuracys I didn't like in the Ga'hoole ::), owls do wet poop but they also have pellets so they can get rid of the bones and fur, after all who would want that coming out their rear end.( I found this by reading Wesley the Owl, it's really good, Redwall good :o :))

General Ironbeak

I like them, for the most part. They seem a little more realistic to me. They're not literate, they don't live in houses or abbeys, they don't wear clothes (well, based on the illustrations, TV portrayal, and the fact that they're never described as wearing any I've come to the conclusion that they don't), and they fight purely by using their beak and talons.

I remember long ago wishing their would be a bird book for that old "The Tribes of Redwall" series. Of course, that went out after just three stints.