Character Ages

Started by MeadowR, July 05, 2013, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah remember ze firzt Abezz, Abezz Germaine, lived tae be quite old.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

I think one season is like a year to them because remember animals age faster than us so I think one season is a year  :D

BadgerLordFiredrake

I agree, I've always thought of a season is a year.  Various reasons.
baby turtle forever

Sorrows Solace

I always thought a season equaled a year as well. It did get confusing when they talked about Cregga, she joined the Abbey in Tansy's time, and that left the other Abbot time to grow up and take command of Redwall when Song gets there, and the same again for Mhera. That's three lifetimes and no one is able to determine how old she was. Lutra's got the most accurate idea I've seen yet.

Tam and Martin

Oh, Welcome to the Forum Sorrows Solace!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Sorrows Solace

Thanks Tam and Martin, glad to be here!

Lutra

Welcome to the forum Solace. :)  You may introduce yourself on the Front Lawns.  http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Romsca

But to me it seemed like the Redwallers in Taggerung were the grandchildren of the one in Marlfox

MeadowR

Interestingly, in Doomwyte it's said that Dubble (?) the shrew is -young- and is 12 seasons old, meaning he'd be three years old. For a shrew, can that still technically be called young? That's confused me a little again. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

rachel25

That's b/c in Redwall one season is a year  :P

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on July 12, 2013, 10:51:35 AM
Interestingly, in Doomwyte it's said that Dubble (?) the shrew is -young- and is 12 seasons old, meaning he'd be three years old. For a shrew, can that still technically be called young? That's confused me a little again. :D

Vell, time iz relative...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lutra

Quote from: rachel25 on July 12, 2013, 05:11:12 PM
That's b/c in Redwall one season is a year  :P

That hasn't exactly been proven as such. ;)  I think its up to the individual reader to decide whether they interpret age in years, or whether a season is literally a season, and there are four seasons in a year.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

You cannot actually take four seasons and put it into a year, because then, you'd have a 16 seasons mouse who was four years old. That doesn't really work.

Seasons are more like animal years.(IMO of course)

rachel25

Quote from: Redwaller on July 13, 2013, 12:44:27 PM
You cannot actually take four seasons and put it into a year, because then, you'd have a 16 seasons mouse who was four years old. That doesn't really work.

Seasons are more like animal years.(IMO of course)
exactly my point *high five rain*