News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Should there be guns in Redwall

Started by rachel25, July 16, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

No! But I may put guns in one of my Redwall fanfic's  ;D

Ungatt Trunn

Eh, NOOOOOO!!!! :o It would spoil the whole world of Redwall in a way.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

NO NO NO NO NO! It would RUIN the series. Fanfiction is one thing, but having guns would be just wrong for the series.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Romsca

I'm writing it in my fanfiction  ::)

It will be in a way that's canon. (No pun intended!) Since Ublaz is some sort of foreigner, he could bring gunpowder from where he's from, and allow his corsairs to use it. After he dies, it's all used up quickly and nobody can find the instructions on how to make it, so it never gets used again in any other Redwall book. That's how it is in my story, anyway. Maybe it's just because I can't imagine Romsca without a flintlock pistol  ;D

MeadowR

In a genuine Redwall novel guns would feel rather out of place - but your fanfic idea sounds fair enough. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

As others have said, putting guns in Redwall would be changing the series completely. Redwall is set in a Medieval/Renaissance time(except for the hares who are more of a WWI sort of thing but without guns). Adding guns would go against Redwall in itself.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Nay, zere zhouldnae be any gunz in Redwall. Fanfiction iz vone zin', but in ze real zeriez, nay. Abzolutely an' utterly nay.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

NO GUN IN REDWALL! Although it would be neat to have a canon because those aren't like the AR's

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

phoenixfoden

Pirate one shot pistols:yes    fully automatic 100 bullet magazine 50cal michine guns:no

Mariel

Guns would be horrible! It would ruin Redwall!one reason I like it so much is Redwall dosen't have guns!

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

Lutra

I think crossbows are in Redwall....guns....what, Redwall not bloody enough? ::)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Shadowed One

Yeah, that one Fox in Rogue Crew had a crossbow. I forgot his name.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

Quote from: phoenixfoden on July 16, 2013, 11:21:48 PM
Pirate one shot pistols:yes    fully automatic 100 bullet magazine 50cal michine guns:no
in my fanfic there isn't going to be machinguns now that would ruin everything But I agree with Romsca
Quote from: Romsca on July 16, 2013, 07:28:34 PM
I'm writing it in my fanfiction  ::)

It will be in a way that's canon. (No pun intended!) Since Ublaz is some sort of foreigner, he could bring gunpowder from where he's from, and allow his corsairs to use it. After he dies, it's all used up quickly and nobody can find the instructions on how to make it, so it never gets used again in any other Redwall book. That's how it is in my story, anyway. Maybe it's just because I can't imagine Romsca without a flintlock pistol  ;D
I can also imagin Romsac with a flintlock pistol that's the sort of thing that's going to be in my fanfic but guns are not going to be in my fanfic much only a few creatures in my fanfic will even have guns and they won't be like machine guns at all  ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Let uz juzt keep it at bovz an' arrovz an' dart zhooterz, nay?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.