Redwall TV series

Started by Wydran Riverpaw, June 19, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I posted this in another topic, you can view all the episodes of all three seasons on Youtube:

Beginning of Redwall, Episode 1

Beginning of Mattimeo, Episode 1

Beginning of Martin the Warrior, Episode 1

I did hear that Mossflower was the next one to be aired, I was still waiting for my station to air Martin the Warrior before they cancelled it. =(
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Osu

I want these DVDs so much. :'( I hope they don't go out of print before I can get them. ANYWAY. I can't remember if I thanked you for these links before, Shael, so: thanks for the links! :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

Does anybody know if these can be purchased???
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

The Lady Shael

They can be bought on Amazon, but make sure you do the research properly before you buy them, because the Redwall season is split up in several different DVDs.

For example, the "Redwall" season is split up into two different DVDs, here and here. Make sure you get the Special Collector's edition! The other "normal" edition cut out a lot of the original footage.

The full season of Mattimeo is here

The full season of Martin the Warrior is here
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Deogolf

I remember seeing the books back in the late '80s/early '90s, but it wasn't until my children started watching the Redwall series on PBS that I started watching it as well. A good story, regardless of the subject matter, is hard to pass up!

Osu

@Deogolf - agreed! So your kids got you into it, then? Fabulous.

@Shael - once again, I find myself thanking you for doing the gruntwork for me. XD

Matthias720

Has anyone here seen Redwall: The Abridged Series? It's hilarious!

Here's episode one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zC2CxnFQY

martins#1fan

LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Osu

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 28, 2011, 02:47:06 PM
Has anyone here seen Redwall: The Abridged Series? It's hilarious!

Here's episode one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zC2CxnFQY
THIS. IS. AWESOME. I laughed so hard. XD

Captain Tammo

I've watched a couple of seasons of it on YouTube, they're pretty good, though it was a show open to littler kids too, so they don't show a whole lot of the actual dying and the animation could use some work. HOWEVER, it's still an amazing show and I'd recommend watching it.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Galedeep

For the most part I enjoyed it , however I was little disappointed in the lack of accuracy to the books.

Matthias720

Quote from: Galedeep on June 29, 2011, 02:34:04 AM
For the most part I enjoyed it , however I was little disappointed in the lack of accuracy to the books.
Unfortunately, because the show was made for public television, some of the more violent imagery was removed and thus, changing the story line.

Wydran Riverpaw

I think one of the most bizarre changes they did in the show was in Martin the Warrior (the third season) where they made Pallum a girl instead of a boy. What's with that??  ???

Osu

Quote from: Wydran Riverpaw on June 30, 2011, 05:24:52 PM
I think one of the most bizarre changes they did in the show was in Martin the Warrior (the third season) where they made Pallum a girl instead of a boy. What's with that??  ???
Yes, exactly! What on earth was that all about? Maybe they thought there were too many male characters and it was sexist or something? (I sure hope not. What a silly reason.)

Redwall Musician

I thought they didn't mention what gender he (or she) was in the book. Like in Brocktree, the Log a log's a girl I think, because they say she and her. But he doesn't say for sure.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."