News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall animals in real life

Started by MeadowR, August 19, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Wow.  How has the rat managed to live this long?! ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Krantor the Brutal

I have no idea, I see it scurry up the tree in the mornings; and the owl hoots at night from the same tree. Anyone have an idea why?
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

The owl is allowing the rat shelter and in turn the rat is doing errands for the owl.

MeadowR

Iiiinteresting! :D

I don't often see rats in the wild, but my cat brought in his first a few weeks back... dead (thankfully. Don't really want a big rat scuttling around the house!)

Since my original post, I have seen a weasel and a stoat in the wild. Woo! The weasel up a hill in Scotland, and a stoat was running across a main road a bit nearer to where I am. Fortunately made it across safely! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

I have about five rats in my garage. . . Big ones, too.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

I love rats. Take a picture of them, Skarzs.

The Skarzs

. . . Probably won't. Unless I catch them in a trap. In which case they will be dead and you will be sad.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Alternatively, poison works well.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

(We have rat traps but no poison. :P Otherwise I would use it.)

It is pretty obvious where Brian got inspiration for his animals. But what places was he aware of that had the other animals, like the ones on islands? The monitors, the sea snake, the hamster. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Well, they all exist. Chances he saw pictures of them and liked them. And Mokug wasn't Brian's creation.

MeadowR

Was Mokug the hamster? I wondered why there was a hamster in the book. His parents, or just him, must have travelled pretty far.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Mokug was the hamster. I'm almost 99% sure I read that he was submitted by a fan in response to a contest and Brian chose him.

The Skarzs

For real? Wow! That would have been cool.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

I do feel like I have heard that before, some time back, actually. Where's that fan now, eh? Possibly not all that deserving if they aren't even fan enough to be on this forum all these years on! ;D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014