News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What if Veil had lived?

Started by Emperor Ublaz, August 26, 2013, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Quote from: PluggFiretail on September 02, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
I think that he might have gone back to the Abbey, with Bryony's persuasion, and they would tell the Abbeybeasts how he saved Bryony and maybe they would let him stay there again. Or maybe he wouldn't listen to Bryony and run into the forest and possibly live a peaceful life on his own.

Better on his own I say...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

I think that, even though he risked his life for others, he was evil deep inside. Only more bad would come from him.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 08, 2013, 02:31:09 AM
I think that, even though he risked his life for others, he was evil deep inside. Only more bad would come from him.
I agree partly with you there. The reason I thin he had the change of heart at the end of the book is that he did like Bryony he just didn't know it until she was threatened to be killed.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 08, 2013, 02:53:08 AM
I agree partly with you there. The reason I thin he had the change of heart at the end of the book is that he did like Bryony he just didn't know it until she was threatened to be killed.
Right. :)

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 08, 2013, 03:01:23 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 08, 2013, 02:53:08 AM
Right. :)
:)

Ungatt Trunn

So, does anybody else have an idea?

Lutra

Bump....if Veil had survived, I suspect if he ever returned to the Abbey, it would've thrown a wrench into their understanding of life.  Let's consider that the Abbeybeasts know certain species are "good" and others are "bad".  There's very little in-between or else they are given mental ailments such as the crazy squirrel Madd in Taggerrung.  If Veil were to return with Bryrony, then I suspect the whole place would've been either subdued or angry simply because they wouldn't understand how a ferret could be "good".  Given this, I don't see Veil ever returning; Bryrony would have survived and could've returned to tell the tale, and she'd know that Veil was indeed good, even if no other person believed it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on November 17, 2013, 03:02:41 AM
Bump....if Veil had survived, I suspect if he ever returned to the Abbey, it would've thrown a wrench into their understanding of life.  Let's consider that the Abbeybeasts know certain species are "good" and others are "bad".  There's very little in-between or else they are given mental ailments such as the crazy squirrel Madd in Taggerrung.  If Veil were to return with Bryrony, then I suspect the whole place would've been either subdued or angry simply because they wouldn't understand how a ferret could be "good".  Given this, I don't see Veil ever returning; Bryrony would have survived and could've returned to tell the tale, and she'd know that Veil was indeed good, even if no other person believed it.
Intresting idea...you should see my really long post in the "Bryony's Conclusions" topic; I proposed a rather intresting idea on Veil and why he was "bad"...

redwallgurl

If Veil had lived he would continue to be classified as a "bad" beast. The creatures of Mossflower and beyond already know and have learned that all these species are already "bad" and would probably kill Veil on site. I'm pretty sure Veil wouldn't return to Redwall due to all the gossiping beasts who are too hard headed to open their minds. So after he left and isn't accepted in any other "good" species family he'd probably just listen to those stereotypes and become the true "bad" in him.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Rusvul

Veil was bad. Not evil, but not good at all. He never would have been Abbey Warrior. He saved Bryony he did have some love for her after all. That's the only reason he would save her. I wonder if he was partly depressed and suicidal as well? Probably not.

Ungatt Trunn

You should all read my post in the "Bryony's Conclusions" topic in the Character Discussions board. I have proposed a rather intresting theory there on the whole matter of Veil being good or not and the affect of the creatures around him at Redwall.

The Shade

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 18, 2013, 01:19:15 PM
Veil was bad. Not evil, but not good at all. He never would have been Abbey Warrior.
That pretty much sums up everything.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on November 18, 2013, 07:53:09 PM
Veil was bad. Not evil, but not good at all. He never would have been Abbey Warrior.
Veil could NEVER become the Abbey warrior.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 18, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: The Shade on November 18, 2013, 07:53:09 PM
Veil could NEVER become the Abbey warrior.
Well, I wouldn't go that far with it.... ::)