Did you ever meet Brian Jacques?

Yes!
3 (11.5%)
No. :'(
23 (88.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Jukka the Sling

Did you?

I never got to.   :'( >:( Because I only got into Redwall in April/May of this year.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, me neizer. Ah vizh ah 'ad met 'im, 'e zeemed like a pretty nice guy!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Captain Tammo

Yes! I met him on his Doomwyte tour in New York City. He was quite possibly the nicest person I've ever met!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Shade

LordTBT

Yes, I've met him twice. Both experiences were great. He signed two items per person at each event. If you want the full story for both, I can provide links.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: LordTBT on October 05, 2013, 12:04:27 AM
Yes, I've met him twice. Both experiences were great. He signed two items per person at each event. If you want the full story for both, I can provide links.
Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 04, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
Yes! I met him on his Doomwyte tour in New York City. He was quite possibly the nicest person I've ever met!
You two are so lucky!!! :o :o

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

MeadowR

I didn't.

Very fortunate those who did! :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

Sadly no, since I was introduced to the series in January 2011. So I never even got to follow what was happening...

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: The Shade on October 04, 2013, 09:06:23 PM
:o Did he sign anything?

Yeah! :D he signed my favorite book: The Long Patrol. In it, he wrote: "To my pal, Luke the Warrior! -Brian Jacques" (my name is luke). Then he signed high Rhulain and Doomwyte for me. I talked with him for quite a while and learned all about the things he put in his books. For example, he always loved writing about the food. "It's all about the food!" He told me, "When I was growing up, there wasn't a lot of food during the war. It was all rationed and I was hungry!" So that's why he always writes about feasts and such :). After talking for a bit, I presented him with a notebook of my own redwall characters, carefully sketched out (as well as a 7th grader could XD) with character bios for each. He seemed to like it! I told him I didn't expect to see any in future books, but I wanted to show him how much his stories meant to me and let him see my version of Mossflower's inhabitants. I found out that it made the trip home with him because Sandra Jacques (I do not know the connection to Brian. It could be a relative, spouse, or daughter) emailed me a couple of weeks later making sure I was okay with Brian keeping it, and I didn't want it simply signed and returned. It was the greatest feeling ever! I let them keep it, though I may never know if he had kept it on his desk next to his pen, or it made its way to the waste basket. Regardless, I'm happy he got to see it! ;D

I got talking to his publisher from penguin books, too. He asked if I had owned The Legend of Luke, to which I replied "not yet". A few days later, I received a package in the mail from the publisher. It was a hard copy of TLOL with a note: "to luke, a book about Luke! With compliments from the author. -Michael Greene"

It was an experience I will NEVER forget. Even as a senior in high school looking at colleges, I still can close my eyes and see it all happen as if it is still right before me! I can promise all of you that if he was still alive, he'd like to see such a community as this forum! Maybe he'd even look at the Fanfictions?? ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 08, 2013, 03:21:52 AM
Quote from: The Shade on October 04, 2013, 09:06:23 PM
:o Did he sign anything?

Yeah! :D he signed my favorite book: The Long Patrol. In it, he wrote: "To my pal, Luke the Warrior! -Brian Jacques" (my name is luke). Then he signed high Rhulain and Doomwyte for me. I talked with him for quite a while and learned all about the things he put in his books. For example, he always loved writing about the food. "It's all about the food!" He told me, "When I was growing up, there wasn't a lot of food during the war. It was all rationed and I was hungry!" So that's why he always writes about feasts and such :). After talking for a bit, I presented him with a notebook of my own redwall characters, carefully sketched out (as well as a 7th grader could XD) with character bios for each. He seemed to like it! I told him I didn't expect to see any in future books, but I wanted to show him how much his stories meant to me and let him see my version of Mossflower's inhabitants. I found out that it made the trip home with him because Sandra Jacques (I do not know the connection to Brian. It could be a relative, spouse, or daughter) emailed me a couple of weeks later making sure I was okay with Brian keeping it, and I didn't want it simply signed and returned. It was the greatest feeling ever! I let them keep it, though I may never know if he had kept it on his desk next to his pen, or it made its way to the waste basket. Regardless, I'm happy he got to see it! ;D

I got talking to his publisher from penguin books, too. He asked if I had owned The Legend of Luke, to which I replied "not yet". A few days later, I received a package in the mail from the publisher. It was a hard copy of TLOL with a note: "to luke, a book about Luke! With compliments from the author. -Michael Greene"

It was an experience I will NEVER forget. Even as a senior in high school looking at colleges, I still can close my eyes and see it all happen as if it is still right before me! I can promise all of you that if he was still alive, he'd like to see such a community as this forum! Maybe he'd even look at the Fanfictions?? ;)
awesome!

I never got to meet him,i acctualy only started reading his books a few months after his death.

The Shade

Wait...the poll says three people have met BJ. Who's the third?