News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Why you love Redwall.

Started by Redwall Musician, June 21, 2011, 03:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

I love anthropomorphic animals, even if it's just something like Watership Down or Warriors. I like how Redwall makes the animals kind of like humans; I can sometimes relate a character in the books with someone I know in real life.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Plugg Firetail

I love these books because it has my favorite animals in it(Rats, pine martins, badgers). Also the way Brian makes the bad guys. Every single one of them have a admirable trait.

Ungatt Trunn

I like Redwall because it has brought me a sertin happieness that I have never felt before. I feel like, whenever I read a Redwall book, I can escape from all the troubles of the world. I feel a nice, magical feeling whenever I read a Redwall book. It has had a great effect on my life!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 09, 2013, 05:22:08 AM
I like Redwall because it has brought mea sertin happieness that I have never felt before. I feel like, whenever I read a Redwall book, I can escape from all the troubles of the world. I feel a nice, magical feeling whenever I read a Redwall book. It hashad a great effect on my life!
That is so true! It feels like your right there with them fighting, solving riddles, or journeying through Mossflower woods.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 09, 2013, 08:20:04 PM
I like Redwall because it has brought mea sertin happieness that I have never felt before. I feel like, whenever I read a Redwall book, I can escape from all the troubles of the world. I feel a nice, magical feeling whenever I read a Redwall book. It hashad a great effect on my life!
That is so true! It feels like your right there with them fighting, solving riddles, or journeying through Mossflower woods.
Yes! Sometimes, I feel like I want to be there more than in the real world....

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 10, 2013, 04:13:36 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 09, 2013, 08:20:04 PM
Yes! Sometimes, I feel like I want to be there more than in the real world....
Aye, if only zere vaz zomezin' zat could put ye intae bookz...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Duxwing

--Adventure and friendship
--Delicious tuck
--Hares, heroes, and badgers
--No hidden messages (and therefore, no anxiety when reading)
--Beautiful descriptions of landscapes and battle
--Lovely, lively mousemaids
--Lovely, lively mouse aids who can hit you so hard that when you wake up, your clothes will be out of style
--Pathos
--Inebriated animal hijinks
--And more!

-Duxwing

Tam and Martin

Lol, I like the "Hare Hero and Badger" line!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Russano the Wise

I love Redwall because of the wonderful descriptions, the great adventures, and how when you're reading it you can feel like you're really in the story with the characters. There's a perfect mix of sad parts and happy parts. When one of the main characters dies it sometimes feels like you've lost a friend. But ultimately, in the end, good triumphs over evil.

I also really love how BJ made each of the species different in their own way. The otters with their playful manner and love of hotroot soup, the hares with their love of food in general, the shrews with their logboats and love of arguments, the moles with their quaint speech, etc, etc. These differences really made the stories come alive for me and made it seem more real.   
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Mariel

I love Redwall because it speaks to me and my personality. I have a strong sense of justice, a fiesty personality, and I love animals and sword-fighting. :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Russano the Wise on June 11, 2013, 11:02:55 PMI also really love how BJ made each of the species different in their own way. The otters with their playful manner and love of hotroot soup, the hares with their love of food in general, the shrews with their logboats and love of arguments, the moles with their quaint speech, etc, etc. These differences really made the stories come alive for me and made it seem more real.   
I really liked that too :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 12, 2013, 08:05:25 PM
Quote from: Russano the Wise on June 11, 2013, 11:02:55 PMI also really love how BJ made each of the species different in their own way. The otters with their playful manner and love of hotroot soup, the hares with their love of food in general, the shrews with their logboats and love of arguments, the moles with their quaint speech, etc, etc. These differences really made the stories come alive for me and made it seem more real.    
I really liked that too :)

Aye, zae ah guezz everyvone'z main reazon for vhy zey love Redwall iz zat it iz Redwall!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Mariel

I already put some of why I love Redwall, but there's more. It has really helped me. If I had a bad day Redwall would cheer it up immeadietly, it has also helped me with my temper. I always can depend on Redwall. :'( :)

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on October 29, 2011, 09:37:04 PM
I love anthropomorphic animals, even if it's just something like Watership Down or Warriors. I like how Redwall makes the animals kind of like humans; I can sometimes relate a character in the books with someone I know in real life.
I agree with you on that one. I also like relating the animals to other characters from different books or movies and then some to people I'm related to or have met.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers