Why you love Redwall.

Started by Redwall Musician, June 21, 2011, 03:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: The Shade on August 03, 2013, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on June 26, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
I love Redwall because of the fighting and journeys, the food and the songs. Basically, I like every aspect of the Redwall world. I have even memorized some of the songs!

Same! :)

Aye, zat'z me az vell!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

naima

for pretty much my entire life i've had an obsession with cute and cuddily animals, and it's nice to see them set in a slightly different environment to what you normally see.

also in terms of reading, i'm into novels from the early 1900s; virginia woolf, franz kafka, george orwell and the like. that's heavy, heavy stuff, it's really really nice to just slip out of all that stuff and drift away into the world of redwall, which isn't exactly a world of peace and tranquility but compared to kafka??? ...

plus, i have an adoration for hedgehogs. i fell in love with sollertree from marlfox after he told his story, and pallum from  martin the warrior was a great character. i think i'm always one for the bridesmaid characters...

if there is a redwall book with a hedgehog taking a central role, could someone please let me know so i can jump it right to the front of the queue?
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Jukka the Sling

Quoteif there is a redwall book with a hedgehog taking a central role, could someone please let me know so i can jump it right to the front of the queue?
Pearls of Lutra has a young female hedgehog as a main character.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

naima

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 26, 2013, 10:33:37 PM
Quoteif there is a redwall book with a hedgehog taking a central role, could someone please let me know so i can jump it right to the front of the queue?
Pearls of Lutra has a young female hedgehog as a main character.

cést fantastique!! thankyou very kindly :)
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)