News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What kinds of clothing do you picture some characters as wearing?

Started by General Ironbeak, December 24, 2013, 02:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I think that kilts would probably be a common dress in that world.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

There are a lot of characters that wear kits that they mention. Take Bosie for example.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 11, 2014, 09:53:43 PM
I think that kilts would probably be a common dress in that world.
Probably because Mossflower (I think) is based off of England, and Scotland is close by.
I imagined Abbey dwellers to wear habits (obviously ::) ) and others to maybe wear tunics or dresses, or maybe a belt or nothing at all (otters that aren't important, or while swimming).

321tumbler

The Skarzs

Ha ha! Imagine seeing a creature wandering about in a sack. Of course, if he were poor, or a slave, or. . . You know what, forget it.
What about armor; like what type of armor would be worn? Toughened leather? Chainmail? (which is a pain to make, by the way)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

I imagine some using armor. Maybe like, the wildcats for example?

The Skarzs

Yes, I could imagine them wearing armor also, like chainmail.  Badgers are the only ones who wore plate armor anyway, except for Martin in Mossflower. What happened to that armor? After the fight with Tsarmina, it kinda just disappeared.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

I know! It was just kinda, forgotten. ANd you are right the badgers usedit a lot.

The Skarzs

Of course, they were the ones who made it, so. . .
What about the hares? Why didn't the badger lords make any armor for their most trusted creatures? It kinda makes no sense why none wore any armor.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

The Skarzs

Is possible, for they did do more running and quick attacks than full on assaults. The armor would weigh them down.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

And they are often on patrols (they're the long patrol for goodness sake) so that takes a lot of marching. Lots of armor would make that difficult. It also makes them unique.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Aye. The hares were unique in their fighting styles. Not only that, kinda going into the 'forged weapons' discussion, metals would be pretty rare and not convenient for armor use.
What about togas? Or just wrapping themself in a drape?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

I don't think they would have armor. As I said earlier, I think they would have uniforms (at least when Salamandastron was strong).

The Skarzs

Quote from: 321tumbler on January 20, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
I don't think they would have armor. As I said earlier, I think they would have uniforms (at least when Salamandastron was strong).
Perhaps uniforms, yeah.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.