News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

I shot a pig!

Started by Tam and Martin, January 21, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 23, 2014, 02:33:16 AM
Did you keep the pelt?
If it was really a pig or a boar, the 'pelt' wouldn't be much except rawhide :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 22, 2014, 09:49:10 PM
I think we have offended her.
Anyways, what did you kill it with specifically?
I killed it with a 12 Gauge Shotgun.

Did you keep the pelt?
Nah, not good enough to keep.

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 23, 2014, 05:50:26 PM
Did you keep the pelt?
If it was really a pig or a boar, the 'pelt' wouldn't be much except rawhide :P
Yeah....

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rusvul

First off, congratulations! I may have different beliefs than you about meat and stuff, but I can tell that takes skill. Boar/pig... They can be fast, right?

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 21, 2014, 10:40:14 PM
Um, how is shooting - and KILLING - something fun? To me that's just.....Sad. I'm sorry, but killing animals is kinda cruel, don't you think? I'm not a big meat eater.
Cruel? Why do you think animals were put here? No offense, but if we did not kill and eat meat, these animal would overpopulate and cause problems. Not only that, meat is an important part of the daily diet, and how else would you acquire meat besides kill the animal you get it from? But I digress; overkilling is bad too.
[/quote]
And in response to this... Well, animals wouldn't overpopulate if we hadn't taken their land. Nature balances itself out, humanity doesn't. Also, meat doesn't have to be part of a daily diet- Vegetarians and vegans don't die. We just eat lots of things like beans and vegetables.
That being said, since humans have messed up the balance of hunter/prey, humans hunting animals to keep their population under check is a noble thing... Even if the problem was caused by other humans.

The Skarzs

In some places, hunting keeps the environment healthy. There are those that abuse the right to hunt, and make a bad name for the good responsible hunters. It's from these bad and disrespectful hunters that most rumors start from, and turns the idea of hunting into something sour for many people.
Yes, there are other sources of protein, but meat is among the most, shall we say, abundant of protein. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I suggest that you 'change your thinking' or anything, but I believe that meat is very important to have. Any vegetarians, I hope you aren't, like, offended, because that's not what I'm trying to do. All I am trying to do is explain what I think.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 24, 2014, 04:28:56 PM
First off, congratulations! I may have different beliefs than you about meat and stuff, but I can tell that takes skill. Boar/pig... They can be fast, right?
[quote/]

Thank you. Yes they are very fast sometimes though this one was so heavy he wasn't running real fast. I do understand though those who have different beliefs than I do about meat and hinting and respect their decicions.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Skarzs

What's so freaky? I mean, besides ME.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

What is freaky is when he gets woken up by the touch of a mud-caked trotter...holding... a rusty hachet. :-X *Dramatic organ music plays* 
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on January 26, 2014, 01:42:31 PM
What is freaky is when he gets woken up by the touch of a mud-caked trotter...holding... a rusty hachet. :-X *Dramatic organ music plays* 
::)

Izeroth

REVIVE!

I revived this because.. eh.. it was one of the threads that appeared when I clicked on subject.

Anyway, about pig hunting... it's actually good for the environment. Pigs, you see, are not native to North America. They were introduced here by European settlers, and have done a fair amount of damage to the ecosystem, driving native species out. Therefore, I have pretty much no sympathy for the pig. It's not right to torture or otherwise unnecessarily cause pain to the pig, but by all means, I'm fine with hunting it.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Izeroth on December 31, 2014, 02:28:53 AM
REVIVE!

I revived this because.. eh.. it was one of the threads that appeared when I clicked on subject.

Anyway, about pig hunting... it's actually good for the environment. Pigs, you see, are not native to North America. They were introduced here by European settlers, and have done a fair amount of damage to the ecosystem, driving native species out. Therefore, I have pretty much no sympathy for the pig. It's not right to torture or otherwise unnecessarily cause pain to the pig, but by all means, I'm fine with hunting it.

We have boar problems here too, but they have mostly gone now. But hunting, I do not support hunting.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

Hunting is probably the best way to deal with boars. You can't trap them and relocate them, because they're not supposed to be anywhere on the North American continent (and I believe it's actually illegal to release them into the wild.) I suppose you could donate them to a farmer, but they might be too wild to control.