News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Revolution at Arkswood.

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 18, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

"Ladies and Gentlebeasts, may I have your attention!" Shouted a rather tubby announcer from a street-side amphitheater. "The ArksWorks company is proud to present, on behalf of The Chief Machine, Ruler of the Southeastern World, Emperor of All, and-"

"Yeah, get on wiv' it!" Shouted an angry member of the crowd. At once, 3 Walkers came and carried him away. He was put inside a Punisher, where horrified shrieks could be heard from inside.

The announcer continued. "And Tyrant over you all! We are proud to present the Animatrix!" He shouted loudly, and curtains behind him were flung away, revealing an average sized person, with average clothes.

"This is really. . . A machine!" He said, causing a ripple of gasps from the crowd.

"All the gossip you speak behind the machines back will cease today! Because your neighbor could in fact be one of them!"

The crowd got rowdy. "Boos" and angry shouts could be heard, but once some Crawlers and Walkers came into view, they died down.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Mikkael bit his lip worriedly. He had never conspired against the machines like some, and was certainly in no hurry to try. But he might unknowingly be in the company of rebels and be mistaken for one. The vole took off his hat, that the machines had let him keep(probably didn't pay attention to any specific beast, hat-wearer or not), and rubbed his brow anxiously. To tell the truth, he wouldn't be here if he had a choice.

The Shade

Skoda drew in his breath as he slipped through the crowd, attempting to have a closer look at this new wonder. The scarred ermine was surprised; he didn't think ArksWorks had reached this kind of advanced machinery yet. Turned out he was wrong.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Dannflor

"What in hell gates was this thing" Venya thought to herself booing with the crowd as she squeezed to get a closer look at the contraption.
     A young Rat punched her hard on her cheek as she  tried to get in front of him. Wincing she socked him right back laying him flat.
     It was so packed and loud nobody seemed to notice the combat.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Norham Waterpaw

A Walker began shoving its way throughout the crowd, it's grinding, steamy voice rang out. "There is combat in close proximity! Those involved will be punished!"

Of course, it was referring to Venya.

Jim Harper had just finished walking away when he bumped into Skoda, near the head of the crowd.
"'Ey mate," he said, recognizing him, "Wot do ye make o' that? Tha's gonna cause some problems if we don' do somethin' 'bout it. We meet tonight at the usual, a'right?"

He walked off, soon being once again engulfed in the crowd.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflor

Venya felt steam coming out of her ears but she hid it well nodding to a passing Squirrel who greeted her. She pushed her way through the crowd getting jostled as she made her way toward the woodland.

Jetthebinturong

David grimaced, living had just become much harder. Having seen what he needed to, he left the crowded square and slipped down an alley. After making his way through several streets he stopped, pulled up a slab out of the road and recovered his swords. Swords put back in place on his back, he moved off down an alley towards the rebels meeting place.

OOC: I'm assuming citizens aren't allowed to carry weapons. I'm also assuming a rebel meeting was what Norham's characters were referring to since he didn't actually put them in the OOC
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 21, 2014, 12:44:08 AM
OOC: I'm assuming citizens aren't allowed to carry weapons. I'm also assuming a rebel meeting was what Norham's characters were referring to since he didn't actually put them in the OOC

Ooc: Yes and Yes. Sorry about that, I forgot to put them in.

Dannflor

OOC: Where do we meet?
Venya snuck through the crowd and uncovered her katana's from a nearby tree. Sneaking down the alley to the rebels meeting place she placed her swords at her back. She washed her paws which were covered in the rats saliva that she punched.

Unimaginative

Severin had been right in the middle of the crowd when they revealed their machine. Like many, he gasped, then started inching away, as far as he could get from the machine. He had never trusted the things, always thought that they might be a problem for real creatures. He had believed that the machines would always be easy to tell from real creatures, but now... He would defiantly have to report this to his Squirrel and Hare superiors back in his hometown, the nearby city of Stonesfell. Then he realized his mistake: he had been so engaged in thought and worry, he had gotten lost in Arkswoods winding streets. Knowing that many of the streets had become dangerous since the machines took over, especially for someone with some form of power, like himself, the Tenerec raised his staff, which had a sword concealed within, and a heavy metal raven's head on the end. Looking around, he saw a Squirrel running towards a nearby alley, with what looked like two swords strapped to her back. "Excuse me," called Severin. "Excuse me, could you help me out real quick?"
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Dannflor

Venya halted glancing at what looked like a hedgehog. She hoped he wasn't an enemy. Shaking her fear off she said "yes sir"

Norham Waterpaw

Jim was at the meeting place. It was an old shack in the slums of Arkswood. Dirty beasts hung drunkenly about, and some were seen sleeping on the side of the streets. A drunk mouse tripped in front of a Walker, and it was tossed out of the way roughly. No one protested. No one could.

Jim rose from his chair. "Where are they?" He thought.

Unimaginative

"I'm lost," said the Teneric, looking a bit panicked at Venda's hostility. "I need to find...Er, let me check." Severin looked at the name of the building on the piece of paper. "Mantu Tower, on Lurie Road."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Dannflor

OOC: Venya
" Oh" she said after a brief pause "the same way I am going" she decided this was a rebel also but just in case she held her arm as near as she could to her katana's " just follow me but keep low "