How would you take over Redwall?

Started by Captain Tammo, August 12, 2014, 12:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-Eye the wildcat

I think burning the tapestry would easily kill martin.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

MathLuk

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

The Grey Coincidence

Martin doesn't live in the tapestry- and still provides assistance to the Redwallers when the tapestry is stolen in Marlfox. So... nope.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Steelinghades

I would bring down Redwall in massive application of trebuchet fire--not catapult, catapults can't knock down walls, they're an antipersonnel weapon--make sure my siege camp is defended by spike filled trenches. Batter down the abbey itself and apply longbow fire against any east that exits.

Tungro

Quote from: Steelinghades on July 17, 2019, 03:42:17 PM
I would bring down Redwall in massive application of trebuchet fire
But then what good is it to you? You defeat them and you are king of a pile of rubble. They could just as easily take it back when you are rebuilding.

Steelinghades

Quote from: Tungro on July 19, 2019, 01:09:59 PM
Quote from: Steelinghades on July 17, 2019, 03:42:17 PM
I would bring down Redwall in massive application of trebuchet fire
But then what good is it to you? You defeat them and you are king of a pile of rubble. They could just as easily take it back when you are rebuilding.

Fortresses can be rebuilt. Besides, war is all about morale, If I'm a warlord trying to apply my dominance over all of Mossflower, what would break the woodlanders more. Seeing Redwall intact, and allow them to dream of retaking it. Or letting them see the shattered reality of their hopes and dreams? One is more effective then the other.

Tungro

But the whole point would be to take it over, not destroy it. I don't think a vermin army would be willing to rebuild and if you used slaves that would give the woodlanders a even bigger reason to try to liberate it.

IronBoomer

Create a disagreement between Salamandastron and The Abbey, to the point of their own conflict.

Let the Long Patrol do the heavy work for me, and after they withdraw, take over a weakened Abbey.

In all seriousness, the continent is lucky a Badger Lord or Lady never got more ambitious than just ruling the mountain, and the sheer number of hares that exist in the Long Patrol's ranks could numerically overwhelm the Abbey with only minor effort. They're trained soldiers, and the Abbey residents is not necessarily so without effort.
Twitter: @IronBoomerSTL
Telegram: @IronBoomerSTL

Matthias720

I'd go for the long con. Set up a farm two days journey away. Teach my horde how to properly forage for herbs and farm. Start a fruitful trading relationship with the Abbey and gain their trust over 8-12 seasons. On a routine trading stop, covertly sabotage the wicker gate. Come back after midnight, sneak in and take everyone by surprise! With my crew's training they can now run the Abbey gardens and orchard without issue. We live like kings until the inevitable Salamandastron army visits and wipes us out. :P

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 20, 2019, 10:04:38 PM
I'd go for the long con. Set up a farm two days journey away. Teach my horde how to properly forage for herbs and farm. Start a fruitful trading relationship with the Abbey and gain their trust over 8-12 seasons. On a routine trading stop, covertly sabotage the wicker gate. Come back after midnight, sneak in and take everyone by surprise! With my crew's training they can now run the Abbey gardens and orchard without issue. We live like kings until the inevitable Salamandastron army visits and wipes us out. :P
This is by far my favorite plot.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Grey Coincidence

Mine too! That sounds like it could work... although I could see some of your hordebeasts doing a Blaggut and betraying you for the abbey. Eight to twelve seasons is enough time for them to develop some bonds I assume XD

Matthias720

Here's the thing though, it's entirely on me how much I reveal to my crew. Either they know and play along, or they legitimately believe we're farmers and traders. They can't betray me if there's nothing to betray.

Oh, and I'm glad you like my idea. :)

The Grey Coincidence

Therein lies the biggest risk. If they legitimately think they're farmer and traders they're more likely to have second thoughts about sacking the abbey. If they know it's a long con they're likely to slip-up at some point. And if they get bored of the farmer ways? What if they mutiny? What if they want to go back to being pirates or rogues or whatever? Most vermin lead through fear- but farmers and traders don't leave rotting corpses as a warning to others XD
Forgive my nitpicky-ness. I do like the idea. It's prime fanfic material really.
Although... it would be terribly anticlimatic if Martin warned all the abbeybeasts XD

Matthias720

Then perhaps split the difference and have the trusted know and the others ignorant. I'm trying here...

Jack the Quick

I would launch three full-frontal assaults with half of my men, to make them think that's all I had.
Then, I would launch another assault as a diversion and then have two different secret missions, one which is the actual and the other which is a second diversion. But, of course, my diversion would be the actual attack.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!