News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How Do You Read The Books?

Started by Coobreedan, August 18, 2011, 06:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I read the first few in chronological order, then I tried to do publication order after that but didn't always succeed. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

When I read the books I tried to read them in chronological order as much as possible. My brother was the one who told me to read Martin the Warrior first, then Redwall, then Mattimeo. But after those three I decided how to read them on my own.
Here's how I read them, at least how I remembered:

Martin the Warrior
Redwall
Mattimeo
Mossflower
Mariel of Redwall
Salamandostron
Bellmaker
Triss
Pearls of Lutra
Long Patrol
Marlfox
Taggerung
Legend of Luke
Lord Brocktree
Loamhedge
Doomwyte
Rackety Tam
High Rhulain
Eulalia!
Sable Quean
Rogue Crew

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Trisscar95

I saw the TV show first and then I started chronologicaly.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

GeminyaTome

I tried reading them as Brian wrote them, but I accidentally bought "Eulalia!" before I should have, because I thought it was next. Now I am trying to get back on track, but, then again when people buy books for me, they don't know that I'm reading them in order they were written. Sometimes it makes sense to read them in the written order, because sometimes, like in the "Narnia" series, he eludes to previous books. Just a thought...
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Mad Maudie

whichever was at the library but i should have read The long patrol before Taggerung   :-[ :-[ :-[ oops
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Shinella

I read them all in order, from Redwall all the way to The Rogue Crew. When I had finished Doomwyte, The Sable Quean had just come out. When I finished that I had to wait quite a while for The Rogue Crew, but it was worth the wait!!!
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Folgrimeo

I read them out of order based on suggestions of which books were the best and which ones had interesting covers. Here's the order I read them in:

1. Redwall, 2. Martin the Warrior, 3. Mossflower, 4. The Legend of Luke, 5. The Bellmaker, 6. Marlfox, 7. Mattimeo, 8. The Long Patrol, 9. Taggerung, 10. The Outcast of Redwall, 11. Rakkety Tam, 12. High Rhulain, 13. Triss, 14. Loamhedge, 15. Pearls of Lutra, 16. Salamandastron, 17. Mariel of Redwall, 18. Lord Brocktree, 19. Eulalia!, 20. Doomwyte, 21. The Sable Quean, 22. The Rogue Crew

"The Bellmaker" was because someone suggested it to me (without telling me to read "Mariel" beforehand, big mistake), got "Mattimeo" for my birthday, "Taggerung" was the last book I got from my local bookstore before it closed down forever, books 13 - 18 were those I saved for last because I wasn't interested in them at first, and 19 - 22 were as they were released.

Trisscar95

I read what ever one I want whenever.
If I have one that I want to read I'll put down any book to read it.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Dante8002

Coobreedam, do you mean the chronological order? I read it that way.
Yalahoo!

Booklover

I remember that I read Redwall first. Then, I'm not entirely sure, but in some order:
Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, The Legend of Luke, Outcast of Redwall, The Bellmaker, The Pearls of Lutra, The Long Patrol, Marlfox, The Taggerung.

Strangely, the four I didn't have at first but have since read, are, in publication order, the four after Redwall. Mossflower, Mattimeo, Salamandastron and Mariel of Redwall.

I haven't read any after The Taggerung.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

clunylooney

I read them in a crazy way, here it is.
Redwall 
Mossflower 
Mattimeo 
Lord Brocktree
Outcast of Redwall   
Martin the Warrior
Pearls of Lutra
Mariel of Redwall   
The Bellmaker 
High Rhulain
The Long Patrol   
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

shisteer of nothing much

I started chronologically but, minus The Bellmaker 'cause I don't have it, until I finished The Pearls of Lutra. After that I went straight onto Taggerung because I was impatient.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!