News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

It's time to conquer the Milky Way!

Started by Izeroth, September 14, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Coreum- a red-tinted metal that is of light weight, and strong up to a shattering point from nine tons of pressure on an 1/2in. by 1/2in. square. Melting temperature of 5537 degrees F. Weight per cubic foot: 135lbs. Is notable for absorbing radiation.

Delvinium- A metal that will never tarnish, this dark silvery substance is the favorite of the Trolls for it's durability and workability, as well as it's epic color; it bends under twelve tons of pressure, but will never shatter. Melting temperature: 9729 degrees F. Weight per cubic foot: 150lbs. Very good for armor, as it is extremely protective against both explosions and resilient against lasers.

Karundan Metal- This is a most rare of colors for metal, bearing a dark green pallor. We have mostly used it for decoration, but it has strength, tending to be very springy after forming, and is useful as springs. Melting temperature: 4073 degrees F. Weight per cubic foot: 120lbs. Occasionally used for projectiles against magic-based creatures for arcane absorbing properties.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

I am quite interested in this Coreum and the Delvinium. They could be very useful as armor hull plating...  I believe we can reach an agreement. I would like to design a shuttle craft using these metals in its hull. I would like your help in forging these materials. In exchange I will transport those which you have selected to the colony planet sight.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Sounds reasonable. Add in some fresh meat and we can give you some Karundan metal in whatever items you wish for nothing else. Are we at an agreement?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Metals indeed will be superior for our large scale construction projects. However, for building strength-enhancing tech-integrated combat suits polymers are more valuable. The properties are far more controllable, they are as strong if more brittle, easier and far cheaper to mass produce and manipulate, lighter, and far easier to integrate with technology- chips, micro-computers and power supplies can easily be sandwiched into the suit.
Building a mechanized walker/suit is a completely different matter, however.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

Um do you mind Replicated meat? Otherwise I really don't know how I could get my hands on it. 

The Skarzs

Live cows; if you can clone those, we're good.

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 26, 2014, 03:10:58 AM
Metals indeed will be superior for our large scale construction projects. However, for building strength-enhancing tech-integrated combat suits polymers are more valuable. The properties are far more controllable, they are as strong if more brittle, easier and far cheaper to mass produce and manipulate, lighter, and far easier to integrate with technology- chips, micro-computers and power supplies can easily be sandwiched into the suit.
Building a mechanized walker/suit is a completely different matter, however.
But making the metals work with your polymers would be beneficial.
However, I won't press the matter any further.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

We shall trade two score of Helios's cattle for one ton of Delvinium and one ton Karundan, I am interested in making the first solar flight of my planet.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, ziz topic'z gone tae economicz...Blazted Moon!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Skarzs

Hey, as soon as I get my meat, it won't be so economical.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Izeroth

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on September 26, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
Ach, ziz topic'z gone tae economicz...Blazted Moon!

As soon as my army is fully built and all the strongholds are finished, this topic won't be so economical. I envision a future in which the other nations cower before my might! have friendly relations with me, and where I can get anything I want with a show of force negotiate fair trade deals. The other leaders will surrender or die reach a mutual understanding of peace and tranquility...

Wylder Treejumper

And of course, in the end you will die a horrible violent death live happily ever after.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rusvul

I would love to topple your empire and mercifully send you to an M-Class planet where you can live a simple life and never escape, as long as you don't make your death absolutely necessary have diplomatic relations as well.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Faiyloe

*Ignores the boys childish behavior.* Scarzs do you have a problem with replicated meat?