News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lucid Dreams

Started by W0NWILL, July 30, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Quote from: Romsca on June 05, 2014, 12:57:17 AM
Ok, I hope it doesn't. I just thought it might since a lot of the nicer/better/more conservative people haven't posted on this topic; maybe they just aren't interested. Anyway, does what I described sound like a lucid dream? I'm trying to decide if it was
Err... It's probably not important, but I don't quite understand you there. Is there a way you could rephrase that?

Romsca

Quote from: Romsca on June 04, 2014, 06:10:17 PM
Yeah, only dreams that happened in real places continue to scare me.

I forgot about this when I woke up! I actually had a lucid dream (sort of) in the middle of the night.

So... I saw things that said one of the strange things in dreams is you can look at your hand and see how many fingers you have and it's not always the same in dreams. So I looked down at my hand and saw that I had more fingers and my hand was blurry so I realized I was dreaming. Then the scenery changed, and I went over to a table and tried to make stuff appear and disappear, which didn't work. Then I was like, I'm having a lucid dream! And I woke up, and the clock said 4 am, so I fell back asleep. Was I having a lucid dream or was I  just dreaming I was lucid dreaming? Because I didn't feel like I had a ton of control over the situation, and I'm not sure exactly how much I really realized I was dreaming. Maybe I was just dreaming that I knew I was dreaming, without really being aware of it, and I just had that dream since I had read so much about lucid dreams the day before

Was this an actual lucid dream?

Ferrousferret

I also used to have them constantly as a kid, but they generally stopped when I was about 13. Around that time I became severely depressed, was tired of not even having any peace when I was asleep & began trying to train myself to not dream at all. Used to have pretty much every night, but I can't do it on command anymore. I think I know roughly what was causing it, though, was:

-I used to be so energetic that it would take me 1-2 hours to actually fall asleep
-I used to live in the country & my room would get so dark at night that I wouldn't be able to see my own hand in front of my face, which caused my imagination to fire up prematurely

I now tend to fall asleep in half an hour & live in an apartment in the city. The only place that gets that dark is the bathroom in the dead of night, which would be kind of awkward. Plus, I'd be freaked out because I wouldn't be able to stop wondering what my downstairs neighbors thought I was doing (OCD) & it's a bit too cramped to sleep in there, lol.

I have had a couple in recent memory, though. The three I remember were:

A) Some sort of Zombie apocalypse started when me & my family were visiting the graveyard. It was extremely vivid & everything that I thought or worried about actually happened (sometimes to my distress)
B) I went to some sort of primeval mountain lake somewhere.
C) I think I was in Hawaii, or something, an this old woman who either had a lot of kids, or ran a day care, kept trying to get me to realize I was in a dream & could do whatever I want, although I woke up shortly after I got the message.

The ones I had as a kid were better, though. I always knew I was dreaming & no matter how disturbing or terrifying they were, I never really got scared because I knew that whatever I felt that I needed to survive the situation would happen.

Romsca

Quote from: Ferrousferret on June 09, 2014, 04:48:42 PM
C) I think I was in Hawaii, or something, an this old woman who either had a lot of kids, or ran a day care, kept trying to get me to realize I was in a dream & could do whatever I want, although I woke up shortly after I got the message.

lol!

Cornflower MM

Okay. I think I'm crazy, because I lucid dream every night. So, am I crazy, or just really skilled in tapping into that thingamajiggy?

Rusvul

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 09, 2014, 11:38:09 PM
Okay. I think I'm crazy, because I lucid dream every night. So, am I crazy, or just really skilled in tapping into that thingamajiggy?
Oh, you're crazy. Heh, news flash.

Cornflower MM

*Smacks Rus on the head* I was being serious, beetle brain.

Romsca

What's your secret?? I need help! I've been trying to start lucid dreaming while dreaming, but it's not working. And I wake up, write my dream down, and realized there's a RIDICULOUS amount of dream signs (things that could never, I mean never happen in real life), and sometimes I'll think "maybe I'm dreaming" but I don't really do anything about it because in my dreams I don't care, but it's unbelievably frustrating when I wake up! I've only had one lucid dream, it was 5-10 seconds long, and it was the first time I tried. Now I've been trying ever since... for almost a week... sigh...

I don't have time to do that think-for-twenty-minutes-on-lucid-dreaming or wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-think-about-lucid-dreaming-for-an-hour stuff. Although I do think I might be getting closer to lucidity anyway. Maybe.

Faiyloe

I would really like to Lucid dream. I personally have a tendency to remember my dreams and most of them are totally bazaar or completely impossible how am I supposed to notice that something is off if everything is off and I don't notice???

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Romsca

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Romsca on June 10, 2014, 08:52:42 PM
What's your secret?? I need help! I've been trying to start lucid dreaming while dreaming, but it's not working. And I wake up, write my dream down, and realized there's a RIDICULOUS amount of dream signs (things that could never, I mean never happen in real life), and sometimes I'll think "maybe I'm dreaming" but I don't really do anything about it because in my dreams I don't care, but it's unbelievably frustrating when I wake up! I've only had one lucid dream, it was 5-10 seconds long, and it was the first time I tried. Now I've been trying ever since... for almost a week... sigh...

I don't have time to do that think-for-twenty-minutes-on-lucid-dreaming or wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-think-about-lucid-dreaming-for-an-hour stuff. Although I do think I might be getting closer to lucidity anyway. Maybe.

I honestly have no idea. It just happens.....This is kinda creepy.

Romsca

MatthiasMan

Time to revive this topic because this topic is one of my favorites,

and I also had a lucid dream last night. I just turned into a mouse. The end. 
Just turned into a mouse, cuddled myself in a ball and boom the end. Not very exciting, but it was pretty thrilling being a mouse.