News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The overpowered roleplay

Started by Izeroth, September 25, 2014, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 26, 2014, 01:12:15 AM
*Scatters LA's molecules across the utmost reaches of the universe*
:o
*Throws Skarzs into an active volcano and then blows the volcano up* *Makes myself an indestructible, invincible planet that cannot be harmed by anyone OR any thing (That includes you Del)* Oh, and it cannot be teleported anywhere.

Delthion

*Turns myself into a thing, and destroys the planet.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Vaitz for 'iz turn tae avmozt come up*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Izeroth

*sends head to the dimensions of sloth, where nothing is done*

Rusvul

This is exactly the reason that rulesets in tabletop RPGs are needed.

'I shot you, you're dead!'
'No I'm not, I dodged.'
'No, I hit you, I'm the Legendary Crossbow Sniper, I never miss, I shot you through the head, you're DEAD.'
'Yeah? Well, I'm the Ancient Dodging Warrior, I can always dodge anything, you can't hit me.'
'That's not fair.'
'Neither is never missing.'
'You're still dead, though.'
'No I'm not!'

And so on and so forth, and no fun was had.

Izeroth

you forget that this is the cellars, where logical, productive thoughts are shunned and stupidity is embraced!

The Skarzs

*Rises from the volcano on a pier of molten lava, then cakes Lady Amber's planet completely with magma, which solidifies, making the entire surface into a rocky wasteland*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Quote from: Izeroth on September 27, 2014, 06:02:34 AM
you forget that this is the cellars, where logical, productive thoughts are shunned and stupidity is embraced!
I like to have fun whatever board I'm in, I don't find completely unconstrained roleplaying fun at all- In the RP boards, it's tempered by reason and what makes sense, but here it just is pointless, crossing the line of pointless-silly-fun to pointless-idiotic-utterly useless in every way.

But that's me. If you enjoy this kind of thing, sure, go ahead.

Izeroth

I don't usually enjoy unrestrained roleplay, but I figured I would make a thread partly to see what absurd scenarios people would create, and partly just to mock the actual unrestrained roleplays people have come up with. There are some very ridiculous ones on a minecraft server I play on.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Delthion on September 27, 2014, 02:01:52 AM
*Turns myself into a thing, and destroys the planet.*
Quote from: The Skarzs on September 27, 2014, 06:05:47 AM
*Rises from the volcano on a pier of molten lava, then cakes Lady Amber's planet completely with magma, which solidifies, making the entire surface into a rocky wasteland*
Hello, didn't you see that I said my planet couldn't be destroyed or harmed in any way? *Goes and changes my previous post* Oh, by the way, *Teleports Skarzs and Del to a minefield* :D

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Amber

*Deflects it with a totally awesome shield, which makes it bounce off and hit Skarzs and Del, un-aliving them*

Delthion

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*'iz turn comez up* Avroight, me turn! Ah drav! *Dravz a card* Ah na' zend vone card tae ze dizcard poile in order tae zummon Ze Tricky!

Ah na' banizh Amaryleaze, ze card ah juzt zent tae me dizcard poile, from ze dizcard poile.

Ziz allovz me tae zummon Photon Caezar for vone lezz tribute by uzin' ze effect o' me previouz card an' zacrifoicin' me Tricky on ze field. Ah zummon Photon Caezar!

-...An' becauze ah zummoned Photon Caezar, due tae it'z effect ah can na' zummon anozer Photon Caezar from me deck! Zae ah zummon Photon Caezar!

An' na' zat ah 'ave tva monzterz on me field viz 2000 or more Attack pointz, ah can zacrifice boz Photon Caezarz tae zpecial zummon ziz: Me Galaxy-Eyez Photon Dragon!!!

Zay G'day tae me
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!
   Galaxy-Eyez Photon Dragon!

[close]
! Ye're nae gaein' tae be aboot much longer vonce it attackz! Galaxy-Eyez! Blov Skarzs ava!

GALAXY-EYEZ PHOTON ZTREAM O' DEZTRUCTION!!!!!
*Skarzs iz blovn tae oblivion*

Ah play zree cardz face-dovn an' end me turn! *Turn endz*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.