[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Made a celestial bronze blade yet? :}
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

My attempts at making bronze/melting brass have proved. . . unfruitful. All I'm left with is a uselessly crumbly clump of metal, a fraction of the material put in, or a lump of dross (leftover gunk) that I don't know how appeared because I thought I did it right. I'm still trying to figure it out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

The roses are sooooo preeeeeeetttyyyyyyyy. . . . . . . . . And I can't really tell one's better than the other, except Rose #2 has more petals - I think? How long did they take to make?

The Skarzs

Rose #2 doesn't have more petals, just more detail. I spent some time thinning the petals and crinkling them to give them a more natural look. And the second one took somewhere between one and two hours.

And now the moment you all probably haven't been waiting for: the photo dump of three projects I'm pretty happy with. So. . . seven photos in all. I think I'll put them in a spoiler.
Photo Dump

Ram's head! Been meaning to make one of these for a long time.

For a first try I don't think he turned out too bad. He's made out of 1/2" square stock.

Here's a set of eating utensils. Quite nice, if I may say so myself.

Made out of 3/8" rebar. ;D :P I like the texture it can give on the handle.

And finally:
The legend is here. . .

BEHOLD. . .

The mighty Splork!

All hail!
[close]
[close]
Once again, I can try to answer any questions you have. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

What's the L part in splork?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Short for SpatuLork! ;D SpLork! SpLork! SpLork! SpLork! ;D ;D ;D all hail.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

So. . . no one is going to say anything about the other two projects? Okee. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

If you don't try to break down a door with the ram head and shout Grond I will be disappointed in you.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

Do you eat with the silverware you made?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Faiyloe

The silverware is very nice too.  ;D ;)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Why thank you. ;)

@Vilu: I have eaten with them, yes.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

You're silverware looked like a snake at first glance. It's good though, looks very professional. :)

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Wow, awesome!  The fork looks lethal. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien