Redwall Riddles!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 22, 2011, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

This is a general discussion thread on the topic of Redwall riddles, one of my favourite parts of the series. Feel free to say anything on here, as long as it's on topic. Have fun!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Osu

Riddles! One of the best parts of the series! Here's a question for all y'all: how many of the riddles were you able to solve before the characters did? I think I got part of one in Taggerung... must look it up now.  8)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Good question. I got most of the Rakkety Tam ones, and a couple in The Taggerung. And a couple in Triss.
Redwall had the most original, and were defiantly some of the best to think over as you were reading.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Wydran Riverpaw

The riddles are usually easy for me, sometimes I'll figure one out right after reading it and then wonder how the characters haven't thought of it yet! :P Though sometimes there are some tricky ones.

The Pearls of Lutra had lots of great riddles... :D

Matthias720

I found the riddles in The Rouge Crew to be the easiest. Not exactly sure why that is, though. *shrugs*

Redwall Musician

I solved one in High Rhulain. I was too busy reading it to give it much thought though.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Songbreeze

I've figured out very few actually. I like this one:

"What is under the water and over the water but never gets wet?" (from Outcast of Redwall)

does anyone know that one? (it was in actually a couple books!)  ;)
~Song
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present!"

Osu

An egg in a duck's belly!

....I never did understand that one. o_0

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on June 22, 2011, 04:55:19 PM
Riddles! One of the best parts of the series! Here's a question for all y'all: how many of the riddles were you able to solve before the characters did? I think I got part of one in Taggerung... must look it up now.  8)
I got one in the Pearls of Lutra (the one which the answer is barrel) and High Rhulain (the one that has the whole bunch of letters, like when there's a q there's a u or two or something like that..).

Matthias720

"Seek the Founder in the stone, where the little folk go."

Redwall Musician

ants, even Rollo knew that.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 23, 2011, 01:39:26 PM
"Seek the Founder in the stone, where the little folk go."
That's another one I definitely didn't get. :D

DanielofRedwall

What is your favourite riddle in the series? The little folk one was good, but my favourite was "I-am that is".

Matthias720

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 24, 2011, 09:41:05 AM
What is your favourite riddle in the series? The little folk one was good, but my favourite was "I-am that is".

That one is my favorite, too, for obvious reasons. ;D

Osu

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 24, 2011, 09:41:05 AM
Everything from the Pearls of Lutra - good riddles, those, and Piknim and Craklyn were great - and the Long Patrol, where they discover Verdauga's treasure. That was awesome.