Welcome, to our Abbey!

Started by Ashleg, December 17, 2014, 04:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Let's pick this up again!

Yes Sah!
...No thank you.^^

Ashleg

Roscoe skipped through the woods, tossing his dagger up in the air and catching it when it plummeted back down.
He was feeling confident today.
Maybe he could go take something from the building on the horizon, Redwall Abbey, or admire his reflection in the nearby pond.
Both ideas seemed intriguing.

Cornflower MM

Arya Brushtail was going to Redwall Abbey happily traveling through the trees, when she spotted a dagger flashing up through the air, going down (Of course) and flying back up, to her left. Intrigued, the curious squirrel tree-traveled over. "Hello!" She called down to the owner of the dagger.

LT Sandpaw

South of the Red Abbey a squirrel leaned against a large oak tree, his eyes closed slightly. If he turned he would just be able to the building in the distance it's tall roof high above the trees. He had considered going there but had decided against it, he didn't like crowds or gawking creatures. He knew it was a peaceful establishment and his skills would be unneeded there. Somewhere a short distance away a hello could be heard though the trees.
This word did not faze Casta in the least, and he sat still enjoying the suns warmth on his face.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Roscoe jumped at the abrupt greeting, watching his dagger fall and fumbling to catch it.
It scraped his paw.
"Agh! You addlebrain!" He snapped, nursing his paw. "Where are ya, anyway?"

Cornflower MM

Arya growled, dropping down from her tree. "One, haven't you ever heard of looking for squirrels in trees? If you don't have the sense to look around you, as well as up and down in Mossflower, ytou shouldn't stay.Two, that was your own fault, addlebrain. Three, you're quite rude. Didn'yt your mother ever teach you your manners? No, of course not. She was probably as ill-mannered as you are!" The squirrel growled, pawing her sword. This weasel had a death wish.

Ashleg

Roscoe grimaced and tucked his dagger away.
He curled his lip.
"One, I couldn't see you. So how could I tell that yer a squirrel? Two, we just met! Don't go callin' me rude, Squirrel! And, three, insultin' my mother? You really seem like you want t' argue."
He folded his arms when he noticed her patting her sword.
"I'd wager that iffen I was a mouse, you'd ask wether I was alright or not. But since I'm a weasel, ya wanna kill me. Know what I say? Go ahead! That way I kin be with my rude mother!"

LT Sandpaw

Casta swept his straw at on and touched the hilt of his dagger, he could hear raised voices however he could not understand what was being said. Casta considered his options wondering if the confrontation was his business. His curiosity got the better of him and he leaped into the trees, jumping from branch to branch with the naturel agility of his species.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

"One, you should have thought of looking for a squirrel. Two, you are rude. I'm only returning the favor! Three, you've gotten me mad. You don't want to make me mad. And, in fact, if you were a mouse you'd be short a head!" Arya shrieked, drawing her sword. This weasel was really getting on her nerves.

Ashleg

Roscoe grabbed for his short dagger and pointed it at her.
"If you were a mouse, you wouldn't 'ave a head!"

Izeroth

Gridjaw the stoat was walkibg in Mossflower Wood-- an area of the wood he had never visited, to be exact. "'E think 'e can throw Gridjaw out, does e?" The stoat angrily mumbled to himself as he walked, "That likkle fool! I ne'er liked 'im, I d'int."

The disgruntled stoat probably would've continued mumbling like this until nightfall, but he happened to see something strange. It was a large red building, surrounded by walls of the same color. There seemed to be beasts near its walls, but Gridjaw was too far away to tell if he could safely approach them. Any woodlander he encountered would probably kill him on sight, but a fellow vermin might be a useful ally.

Getting closer, Gridjaw could see that there were two beasts: a weasel and a squirrel. He silently crept through the undergrowth, hoping that the squirrel wouldn't see him.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, really, shorty?" Arya countered, snorting at the weasel. She wondered what alternate reality this vermin was living in. He was, after all, at least an inch shorter than her.

OOC: @Scartooth: I hope that's alright. Neither of us actually said anything about the character heights. I thought it would be fine, just thought I'd ask. Your RP, after all.

Ashleg

OOC-
Actually, in my forum, I said he was "tall for a weasel".
But I think he'd be more fun to write if he were short, at least for now, so I'll work with it.
He's short now  :D

IC-
Roscoe snorted back at her and folded his arms.
"Shorty?" He mimicked, "Are you kidding? It's not by much, but iffen you'd rather me be the taller 'un, I'll gladly cut off yer legs!"

Cornflower MM

OOC: Oh, whoopsie! My bad.

BIC: Arya laughed coldly. "There's not a chance that would happen, weasel." She retorted, allowing a half smile to slip across her features. This weasel had a quick wit, and she admired that. She casually sheathed her sword. "It's really not fair for me to the longer blade by far, now is it?" She rhetorically asked, drawing her own dagger.

Ashleg

OOC-
No worries.

IC-
"Not fair, ya say?" Roscoe snapped. He wiped the blood off of his injured paw as he examined his own dagger.
He then looked up at her and curled his lip.
"I see yer duelly armed. Smart squirrel. An' I know yer somehow goin' t' turn this around on me, but who said we were fighting, eh?!"

Izeroth

Seeing the two beasts distracted, Gridjaw seized his chance. He leapt from the bushes, jabbing his spear in the direction of the squirrel. Since the squirrel had just sheathed her weapon, he hoped he might be able to take her by surprise.