News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Best supporting charecter?

Started by urthstripe, February 04, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urthstripe

My favorite HAS to be Midge Manycoats

Machiavellian

Aye aye, but Lousewort and Sneezewort certainly take the biscuit, if they can even be considered supporting characters, per say. I don't think I remember laughing so hard while reading a Redwall book than when that ratty pair were messing things up.     

I must admit however, that Midge Manycoats is pretty awesome.
It's pronounced "Matchavalleeyun".
Nah, just kiddin'.
It's "Macki-velian".

Hickory

Huh. I might say Lieutenant Scutram or Colour Sarn't O'cragg.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Machiavellian on February 05, 2015, 01:26:30 AM
Aye aye, but Lousewort and Sneezewort certainly take the biscuit, if they can even be considered supporting characters, per say. I don't think I remember laughing so hard while reading a Redwall book than when that ratty pair were messing things up.

Agreed XD

But what about Petru in High Rhulain? Sure, he was bratty, but he definitely made the story interesting!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Hickory

Agreed. Pitru added a bit of a problem to Riggu Felis.

Machiavellian

If I was Riggu Felis at that time Pitru would've definitely been dead or imprisoned long before he ever tried turning my own Catguards against me. Son or not, a warlord cannot tolerate threats or murderers other than himself.
Nah, just kiddin'.
It's "Macki-velian".

Hickory

Actually, I have to say that every Skipper ever known was an enourmous help. Especially Warthorn.

Machiavellian

Agreed, but often I got the impression while reading that the Skippers, excluding Warthorn and maybe Banjon, are almost all practically depicted as clones of each other. They're all big, aggressive, strong, loyal to the end, hardworking and oftentimes friendly to those they trust or see as needing help.
Heck, most don't even have names. It's just "Skipper" for many of 'em.
Nah, just kiddin'.
It's "Macki-velian".

Hickory

Yeah, that's one annoying thing. Not many names. However, BJ did a good job in keeping the Cellarhogs in one section, but making them diverse. Especially Corksnout Spikkle.

Stonestripe

I think the saddest support role is Rockjaw Grang.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"