News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who would triumph? New topic, not a copy.

Started by Nightfire, September 08, 2011, 10:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I have to give that fight to Martin; Martin II is one of the more watered-down mice protagonists. He doesn't really stand out in any particular way, except for that one case of Bloodwrath.

If it was a character I had reason to care about, say, Matthias in Mattimeo, that would be a more epic battle, but Martin II is almost like a generic hero. It's interesting to note he's the last mouse that I know of to wield Martin's sword -- I don't know why this is, but I can speculate it was because he was soooo boring. ;)

This isn't a one-character fight, this is a fight between armies, but how about the Corim (Mossflower) versus the Redwall defense force in The Long Patrol)?

Two of the most complete armies in the series, fighting each other. The Corim's objective is to oust the Redwallers from Mossflower country; the Redwallers have to hold off any and all Corim troops until they leave.

Redwall Abbey's south wall is still crumbling, so that gives the Corim a certain strategic advantage, one that they're likely to exploit.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Another cool fight would be between Gorath the Flame and Boar the Fighter. Boar is so Bloodwrath-y and powerful, but Gorath is levelheaded and calculating.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Stonewall

Boar for the win. The reason being a matter of experience: Boar has been through many wars and campaigns, and knows his stuff when it comes to combat. Also, he does not rely on Bloodwrath, having a great deal of skill at his beck and call, given that we see him teach even Martin a thing or two. Gorath, on the flip side, is more of a farmer than a warrior. Granted, he does manage to beat  Vizka, and it is interesting to note that he does so by outthinking him rather than just powering through, but then, I think it's fair to say that there's a difference between a corsair and a master of battle such as Boar.

Now, a better badger vs. badger would be Boar vs. Urthstripe. Both of them are highly experienced, courageous, prone to the same flaws within the story (trying to face an entire army by themselves), and masters of their craft.

Tiria Wildlough

Boar did not take the Bloodwrath as far as I know. Why is everyone saying he did? ???
What about Tiria vs. Deyna? That would be interesting! I think Deyna would win, though, because he had all that Taggerung training. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Plus the fact that he is ordained as Taggerung, the unstoppable warrior. :) Tiria vs. Folgrim would be epic, though!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

Boar is presumed to have Bloodwrath during his fight with the corsairs, and Mariel of Redwall outright confirms that Boar suffered it (saying that "Rawnblade Widestripe was the first Badger Lord to suffer it since Boar"), but I admit he does seem much cooler-headed than other badgers under its influence, still being able to think strategically and give out orders to his subordinates (Martin & co.)

Perhaps that simply came with experience; we see Boar when he's an older badger, though not as old as Stonepaw, and maybe he gained more insight into how to control and use his anger for good, without letting it take control of him, the way it did others later on.

Folgrim's probably the second-most dangerous otter in that part of history, after Warthorn (the original Skipper).

With that, and considering that Tiria never actually demonstrated any particular close-combat ability that I know of, he should be able to beat her pretty easily.
« Subject to editing »

Log-a-Log

Folgrim was terrifying when he ate his victims
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

:P Tsarmina vs. Verdauga!!!! I think Verdauga would win, though! ;D

Lily

Quote from: Nightfire on September 15, 2011, 03:19:40 PM
:P Tsarmina vs. Verdauga!!!! I think Verdauga would win, though! ;D
I thought this thread was for goodbeasts only?

Tiria vs. Folgrim would be epic indeed, but I think Folgrim would come out on top. He was more... ferocious, shall we say. He also spent a lot more time hunting down and fighting vermin.

rakkety tam

rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Sorry. Verdauga counts as a neutral, though.  :-\

Anyway, I think that watching Skarlath go up against Krar Woodwatcher would be pretty cool.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

We don't really know much about Luke, so it's hard to say. What age are they?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

Both are in their prime. And what do you mean we don't know much about Luke?! there's a full book about him! Hahaha
But let's say Martin before he's trained by Boar and Luke as he's leaving to get Vilu Daskar