News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who would triumph? New topic, not a copy.

Started by Nightfire, September 08, 2011, 10:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, Folgrim would win against Tiria. She isn't really a ferocious fighter. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

The problem with Luke versus Martin is that we don't know much of anything about what Luke did prior to that point -- Martin at least killed Badrang. It's helpful to have feats, and we don't know much about Luke prior to hunting Vilu Daskar.

However, I suspect the two are interchangeable. They both have the same degree of passion and determination, they both have lost loved ones. Martin may have more hard combat experience, but Luke might have received more training.

If you were to switch the two out -- put Luke in Martin's place at the beginning of Mossflower, and Martin in to hunt for Vilu Daskar in Legend of Luke, I think there would probably be no distinguishable difference between their performances. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same mouse, at that point in time. I have to say that that fight is a draw.

Now, if it was Martin as of the fight with Tsarmina and Luke at the end of Legend of Luke, I would give the edge to Martin -- in spite of his injuries, Martin is, at that point, better-trained and more experienced in fighting, courtesy of Boar, and so he should be able to get the edge.

How about Rab Streambattle versus Leatho Shellhound?
« Subject to editing »

Log-a-Log

Is it before or after Rab was afflicted with the bloodwrath?
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

James Gryphon

After, meaning while he was thus afflicted?

I was thinking latter; my impression of Rab is a bloodwrathy, bloodthirsty otter captain, and as we mostly see Shellhound when he's doing the same kinds of things, I figured that would make for the most symmetrical matchup.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Leeko Spellbrown would win!!!! ;D

What about Queen Warbeak vs. King Bull Sparra?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

Queen Warbeak! She is a queen. She going to win.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

I think Warbeak was probably braver than Bull Sparra, so I'd have to go with Warbeak
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

I think she would also be quicker and more skillful. Bull Sparra seemed to be more brawn than brains.

James Gryphon

I actually think King Bull should take this one.

He might not get much credit, and I can't say that he died the most glorious death, but the fact is that Dunwing, at least, had a very high opinion of his abilities, and I figure she ought to know:

Quote from: Excerpt from Redwall"All birds know that King Bull mighty fighter. Him save Sparra tribe many time from enemy. He sometime lazy, sometime bad temper, but not stupid. Bull Sparra sly like fox, only pretend to be stupid, just like Matthias."

Warbeak was a better ruler, but Bull Sparra was larger, more powerful, and I'm thinking probably more experienced in combat, so I'm thinking he should be able to win this fight.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Hmph. Thanks, James. My support of Warbeak was just squashed.  :D

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Captain Tammo

Brocktree. Sunflash was a good fighter, but he preferred the peaceful life over war.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

15lukep

Sunflash vs. Orlando
Constance vs. Auma vs. Bella
Felldoh vs. Ranguvar
Rab vs. Rawnblade
or...
young Mattimeo vs. Sam when he was silent :)